Part 9

They walked along a quiet alley among small palm trees. There was no one here. Except for benches and singing birds. Mona listened attentively. It was clear that his dilemmas were important to her. She was trustworthy, having proven it many times before. She was hesitant to make any kind of judgment, and did not very often contribute to discussions about advice. If someone asked her to do so, she always gave it as one of the options. Without imposing her opinion on anyone.

- Luke, it seems to me that you can't allow yourself to be anything other than you are

- Luke, it seems to me that you can't allow yourself to be anything other than you are. - she noted - being yourself is one of the best things you can do for your people. If you want to know my opinion.

- But will they respect me?- he directed the question, he didn't even know whether to himself, or Mona, or maybe to someone else

- If you really want to know my opinion then I will say that they already respect you? You are a legend, don't forget that," she faced him, "To be a good leader is to balance firmness with wisdom and gentleness. That's how it seems to me. Although, someone may have a different opinion.

- Where did you go....!!! - exclaimed an astonished

- In my school, what time ago, we had a great lecturer who taught us a subject on leadership. He told us about its types, its influence. And what kind of changes it brings about at different levels of our lives .And what effect it has on different people. This was, admittedly an extra class but, probably the most valuable of all I could hear there . This knowledge comes in handy in life because it can help us understand what not to do. How to lead people. How to have a positive influence on them, what to avoid, how to be yourself. And most importantly what factors influence someone to become a tyrant,autocrat or a leader that crowds follow.

- It's amazing," - he enthused

- Nevertheless, it is good to be careful, because the heart is treacherous when our souls are split. It is best when a person is whole. Cohesive, without internal contradictions. Then our heart can be our guide.

Luke listened carefully to what she said. And once again he understood how valuable she was . Not only because of what she is, but , what knowledge she has. He was unable to understand how such a young person could be so comprehensive. Authentic. 

He knew a lot of people who had knowledge and skills. But there was a fundamental difference between Mona and them, she, despite being outstanding, did not flaunt it and those he knew were often lost by a kind of hubris and exaltation , which personally did not suit him very well.

Mona sat down on one of the benches. She was silent. Luke looked at her, she seemed to him absent-minded, thoughtful and serious. Such calmness was beaming from her. He did not expect this from her. He was a little surprised by this. 

Although he himself knew that she could afford to be crazy, even quite, it would seem, ridiculous. By coincidence, he had seen her chasing Han around his ship some time ago, taking some key from him, supposedly not giving it back to him for a long time. At the same time, she teased him that she would give the key to Chewbaca or throw it away if his brother didn't stop constantly messing around with repairs.