Part 58

For a while more, she listened to see if her beloved was sometimes returning. But a longer moment passed. and she realized she was alone. She went to the small closet on the left side of the bed. She flipped through her clothes and found a similar poncho and helmet. Then she started looking for a uniform still, wondering what color to choose. It took a long moment but she decided on a two-piece in an off-white with purple. 

Tube-type pants in definite purple and white and topped with a long-sleeved top in white and purple. Adjacent to the body, it was fastened with a zipper. on her shoulders she decided to put gold bracelets in the shape of a spring with engraved Lukud flowers, which closely resembled those that grew next to her school. When she entered the bathroom, she started combing her hair and decided to braid it. She pinned them up with bobby pins to hide them under her helmet. She also managed to pin up unruly short strands with small bobby pins. The most difficult thing for her was to hide her pale cere , so as to blend in with the storm trooper squadron. So that no one would notice. 

She had to powder herself so as not to stand out from the others. She knew exactly how many people were part of it. She also knew that there were more seats in the shuttle than her brother's battle group. Hence the decision that she could sneak in and constitute one more person. To this end, the previous day, she entered the combat-coordination service rooms, from where accurate messages were sent about the number of people assigned to the mission, and logged into this system to add false data and expand her brother's squadron by an excess person. giving, of course, made-up personal data and the indetification he had in the post. 

She was very proud that her cleverness and quick reaction was paying off and she would not be detected. She smiled to herself while standing in the bathroom. She corrected her helmet some more while looking in the mirror, and finally put on a camouflage poncho in khaki - moro . The powder masked her fair complexion, covering well enough that from a distance she really did not resemble herself. Now all she had to do was slip onto the ferry and be careful that no one there identified her. Which she thought was the most difficult task that awaited her now.

*

It was only forty minutes until departure. Han and Luke were hanging around the shuttle helping to bring in the necessary equipment and a large capacious container of landmines. With the help of which they were to blow up anything that generated a force field. Mona watched this from a distance. Hiding but not so much from their sight. After a few minutes, the girl noticed that Leia and Luke disappeared inside the ship. 

And Han was talking to Lando one last time at the time

And Han was talking to Lando one last time at the time. She took advantage of this cleverly and dashed to the shuttle, bypassing her standing brother at a distance of about three meters. Han could not see her because, preoccupied with the conversation, he did not even look in the direction of the gangway. The passenger cabin was semi-dark, which also gave her an advantage. 

She sat down in the last seat farthest from the cockpit entrance. She was a little nervous, frightened and stressed by her performance, but did not look around to avoid arousing suspicion.... She knew, she had to act naturally. She heard Luke, who had just taken his seat in the cockpit behind Han on the left, talking to Leia about her. He was clearly disappointed that he couldn't see her just before departure as he had asked her to. Leia explained to her very intelligently that she had experienced a terrible breakup two days ago and probably didn't want to experience it a second time. Han, on the other hand, entered the cockpit and, having heard their conversation, interjected his three cents. He put forward his thesis that she was probably sitting in the cantina and drawing.