Part 22

Han was happy to ride his Tauntaun into the base. The pleasant warmth that could be felt was a nice change after the cold, icy plains. He dismounted from his ice mount and observed the prevailing traffic at the base. He thought about what Leia had told him. He had to be honest with his sister. He decided to talk to her about the fact that she was in trouble, on the backs of several headhunters. And an unpaid debt. Even at the thought of it, he was getting hard on his soul. He spotted his companion, who was repairing the Falcon. The Wookie was just welding something, but as soon as he pulled away from his work, he wailed loudly which let him know he needed help.

- Well, I'll help you," - he reassured him, "the lifts will have to be installed. But I still have to check in. Don't fret I'll be back soon.

The command center, equipped with electronic equipment, controllers, sensors, was one of the most populated places in the entire base.Here the traffic was not extinguished even at night. Because the base's security depended on efficient computers and the people operating them. Han checked in with the commander.

- General there is no sign of life in the area. The sensors are set.

- Has Commander Skywalker checked in yet,-  asked the general

- He checks the meteorite that fell, close to him.

- It is difficult with such a density of their movement , to spot ships.

Han hesitated for a moment. Then he turned toward one of the desktops over which the princess was leaning. He was not at all interested in puzzling her. But he wanted to tell her something. Leia turned to him, serious and focused. For a moment their gaze met . Without knowing why, he got a little angry. He didn't quite know if it was at himself, or if it was because, more often than not, a woman's intuition, got ahead of him. He had objections to talking to his sister. Although he himself realized that if he didn't, it could end badly for him.

- It's good to see you, princess.- he uttered in her direction

He walked out into the corridor leading to the hangar. He walked with a determined step without looking back. Until after a while he heard Leie running .

 Until after a while he heard Leie running

- Han....Han?...- she shouted after him , until she finally ran to him, by the south passage.

- Yes...Your Majesty

- I thought you would rethink things though. We need you. And even more so for Mona.

- Us!

- Yes..- she answered quickly

- And what would you say about yourself? - He asked, even though he didn't plan to drag this out for long. He wanted her to know that he is determined to do everything, and towards Mona and her. And the time he has is short.

- I don't know what you're talking about?" wondered Leia

- You want me to stay forever. Or maybe because you feel something for me?

- Well... you have helped us a lot, you are a born leader....

- I don't think that's the point after all," he interrupted her abruptly

Leia looked at Han, she completely did not feel what he could have meant, his last words probably suggested something to her. Suddenly she burst out laughing. She herself was surprised by her reaction.

- You have a really lush imagination.

- I think,sometimes you dream to kiss me,"-  he focused his gaze on her lips.

Again she felt ,joy rising in her. This conversation was beginning to amuse her. Without knowing why, somehow for the first time she did not take his words seriously. Even though he was making a serious face.

- I'd rather kiss the Wookiee,"-  she shot back at him

- Well, I can arrange it for you," - he assured her while making an even more serious face.

The princess turned on her heel and walked away. Han, despite his annoyance, escorted her away with his eyes and then walked off in his direction.

*

Mona woke up. She did not know how much she had slept. Sleep gave her relief but her soul was still crying. She turned on her communicator and tried to contact Luke. Unfortunately, every time she did, no one answered. This worried her a lot. There had never been such a situation, so she decided to find her brother . When she went out into the hallway she saw Leie.

- Luke's communicator is inactive. I tried to contact him but he is not responding.

- It must be some kind of damage. I'm sure it will show up soon. Don't worry. - She comforted her

- You know, I need to talk to you. But only after I'm sure that everything is ok with Luke, have you seen Han?

- Yes,-  she recalled the meeting with amusement

- What makes you so funny?- asked Mona clearly curious

- Oh....- she burst into spasms of laughter again - your brother is , simply impossible.

- In what sense? - she asked

- Just to let you know how funny he can be. It's almost impossible!

- He...funny...I don't think I know something?" she betrayed interest

- We'll talk later, as far as Luka is concerned he should have already returned. But if you want I'll look into it and check. I'm sure everything will be ok.

They said goodbye and each headed off in their own direction.