Part 20

A few days later.

Mona reported to the medical center,regarding her health. A headache from a few days ago and other complaints made her decide to consult what was going on with her. The doctor who oversaw her examination turned out to be a very good specialist. As part of the tests, she had a blood test, a head scan with a CT scanner, an MRI , an EEG. The results were due the next day.

She did not want to worry anyone and inform them, especially since it would be a difficult decision for herself. One that she had been facing for some time. It didn't help minimize the anxiety she had but at least it reassured her that she was in the best care.

When she showed up at the cantina and ordered hot chocolate. The communicator rang. She answered the call as she sat down behind a table in her favorite spot. She set down a hot mug with an aromatic drink. And she leaned her backpack with drawing utensils against the glass wall on her right side.

- Yes," she replied in a calm voice.

- Mona," she heard Luke's voice, "where are you?

- In the cantina. - she replied cheerfully

- Ok... I'm finishing up and I'll be right back.- he informed with joy in his voice

- I'm waiting. - she replied

She took out her sketchbook and utensils and found a sketch she had done some time ago. She began to fill it with shadows and strengthen the line and build space. Slowly the whole drawing took shape and a three-dimensional illusion. Mona smeared the graphite gently with a brush, which built the atmosphere and made the drawing come to life. Delicate pencil lines, gave it clarity. A scene slowly emerged, depicting a woman sitting with her legs curled up on a wooden pier, against the backdrop of the setting sun. Her face was wrapped in soft locks of hair that flowed like a waterfall down her shoulders and back. The reflection in the taffy was delicate but clear. Mona worked her hair in dashes to make it natural, fluffy, adding subtle highlights with an elastic band. The whole thing had an intimate feel. A few more lines, brush strokes, and a few strokes with an eraser, which enhanced the reflections on the water.

- Beautiful,"- she heard a familiar voice

- Oh... - she snapped out of her musings - sorry. I sunk myself. I didn't know you were," she replied, embarrassed

- Ah, this is how these wonders of yours are created?- he sat down next to her.

- ... I like to get the details right

- You are clearly losing yourself.... - he added after a while

- Sorry... it just flies away without counting the time. Drawing is like a challenge. It treats as a stage. When I finish. I wonder what to improve here, the effect is always a little different than I intended. But the whole thing... has a climate.She explained matter-of-factly