Part 45

A few weeks later.

Mona stood in front of a large glass window sipping hot chocolate from a disposable cup. The view of the galaxy, which she had an excellent view of from here, made a strange impression on her. She felt that she was in the face of this immensity such a small invisible speck , dust. And yet, somewhere out there on the desert planet was her brother.

She began to miss him greatly. Although he would probably be surprised to hear that she and Luke almost lived together. She was no longer a little girl but she herself felt that what had happened so far had definitely changed her . She had matured, maybe not fully yet, but still. For several weeks her boyfriend had been building a strategy to snatch his friend from the hands of a cruel gangster. Mona couldn't always overhear their discussions.

She felt sidelined and her being part of the group a bit like being threatened, or at least she had such thoughts

She felt sidelined and her being part of the group a bit like being threatened, or at least she had such thoughts. For a while she coped with it and didn't harass Luka with her doubts. But increasingly she noticed disturbing signs. The first was that Luke was dating Lando right after a patrol. And she was finding out about it after the fact. It was a bit like he was forgetting that it was her brother he was supposed to be freeing.

She didn't like the boy's secrecy and silence about how he was going to arrange it all. Even though she was trying to find out. Well as if she felt a little that she didn't have the right training. Later, when Lando and Chewbacca went to Tatooine, Luke spent more and more time meditating. She on drawing. She felt a little that her person, was no longer a help.

She also had thoughts that her place had been taken by Lando, but she didn't dare say that out loud, what if she might have been wrong? Her thoughts returned to reality. She sipped another sweet drink and turned to take the elevator to the level where her suite was located. When she pressed the button , the door opened abruptly and in it to her surprise she saw Luke. He smiled at her. Mona stepped inside the elevator and greeted him by giving him a kiss on the cheek.

- ooo...I didn't expect you so soon," she replied very surprised

- I wanted to surprise you," he squatted towards her, embracing her around the waist

- Ok. I remind you that this is an elevator ... someone can enter here,- she replied teasing him

 someone can enter here,-  she replied teasing him