Part 31

The girl was lying in the medical center. Although, she was safe, she did not regain consciousness. Doctors and droids were doubling and tripling to ensure her care. She was under the guidance of the best. However, after all the examinations, tests were done. The doctor who oversaw the entire procedure left to report on her condition. Leia , Han and Luke were standing in the corridor when he approached them.

 Leia , Han and Luke were standing in the corridor when he approached them

- Who is taking care of this young lady?

Han raised his hand. At which the doctor, turned directly to him. His face was very serious, and what he said shocked not only Han, but everyone else as well.

- Your sister, she needs to be operated on. Her condition is very serious. We are concerned that she still has not regained consciousness. From the research it seems that the tumor she has , may have ruptured. But we are not sure about that. Soon we will have the whole picture of the situation. Then we will make efforts to remove it . Besides, the accident , further lowered her immunity. We only hope that she does not have pneumonia. But it will be possible to tell only after the blood results. So far her condition is serious but stable. That's it for now, I'll keep you posted if I know anything else. For now, please forgive me. I have to take care of other patients as well.

Leia watched the faces of her colleagues, who at the sound of words about the tumor, froze. Han, whose anger at his sister had passed, slumped heavily in his chair. He turned pale, hid his hands in his hands and tried to somehow piece together what he had just heard. Luke, on the other hand, banged hard on the wall several times, looked at Han sending him a threatening look, then at the princess and ran out of the medical center, leaving them alone.

*

A warning signal sounded throughout the base. Han and Leia rushed to the command center to see what had happened. General Rieekan, was just leaning over the motion readers, which registered an object. The flashing signal was so clear that the general, became concerned. As soon as he saw the princess he immediately informed what was happening.

- I think we have an uninvited guest," he pronounced with a grim face

Leia looked at the readout and the signal, he had no doubt that something must be there. However, was it something that required intervention. She wasn't sure. The controller who sat behind the console turned up the speakers and a clear sound could be heard. Threepio, who was standing behind Han listened carefully to the sounds. After which he stated.

- I is fluent in more than sixty million forms of communication, but this sounds somehow strange

- I is fluent in more than sixty million forms of communication, but this sounds somehow strange. It seems to me that it is rather not a language, perhaps a code of the Empire....

- Whatever it is,- Han interjected, - it needs to be checked.

They listened for a while longer, when suddenly some unpredictable crackling and squeaking could be heard. And then silence.

- Strange, you have to take a look at it. Clearly, he does not have friendly intentions,- he commented again

*

Some time later, the princess was waiting for a signal from Han, who, along with the Wookiee, went outside to see what was making the signals. Han contacted via communicator, no optimism could be heard in his voice. Instead, he described in detail what he had witnessed.

- We came pretty close. I didn't hit him very hard. He must have, had a built-in self-destruct program. It fell apart before I knew it.

- And what was it ?"- asked the princess

- Some droid, but I'm afraid there's not much left of it.

Leia had a bad feeling. Something told her it was probably a spy.

- Imperial probe droid - she uttered what everyone was probably already waiting for

- If so, the Empire knows we are here.

The general looked at the princess. A shadow of horror flashed through his thoughts. There was nothing to look forward to. It was simply getting ready to skirmish with the enemy again

- We need to start evacuating. Transmit the code! - he ordered immediately.