Part 6

After a few months, Mona was returning from a pilot course. Her thoughts wandered between the apparatus of the Y-wing fighter and the navigation messages. She still couldn't remember certain nuances about the navigation itself and was most afraid of landing. It was causing her tremendous stress. She couldn't remember the procedures, and she wasn't very good with the on-board computer, even though she had already flown several hours on the machine. The takeoff itself was not a big problem, but once she was in the air, panic gripped her. She tried to mask her feelings and thoughts, but in the long run it was impossible to hide them. This time she came back very upset and sad because once again she failed to control her emotions, and the stress further overwhelmed her.

 She took a shower to relax her body, but did not get the effect she was hoping for. Still beating her thoughts, she changed her clothes and decided to go to the cantina for coffee. She sat down at a table close to a large window behind which she had a view of the hangar and ships. In silence she sipped the hot drink. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply.In the room , for this hour, there were surprisingly few people. The girl was relieved by this state of affairs. She did not really want to talk. And her emotions finally stopped bothering her so much. As she set her cup down on the countertop, she noticed her brother's friend walking toward the cantina. 

Mona felt uncomfortable and when the thought occurred to her to quickly go somewhere else, Luke had just entered the room and ordered something for himself. Mona watched him closely. Although she had the feeling that she shouldn't do it that way, she meant it in style, so without inhibition, although she clearly had no idea herself why she was looking at him that way. She had the feeling that the boy didn't like her. They even had an argument with each other a few times. However, as she managed to figure out he was already a Commodore, very much respected by everyone. 

She herself did not consider him haughty

She herself did not consider him haughty. However, she sensed that despite their rather long acquaintance, she was unable to gain trust. Her brother, a completely separate person. He had a lot in common with the young commander, the red squadron. He gave him sincere friendship and trusted him implicitly. Well she couldn't do that. Even when the four of them spent time talking, Mona usually just listened. She didn't speak up , didn't share her thoughts and even less did she feel she was the least knowledgeable of all. Finally, she picked up the coffee mug again and began sipping it. Luke sat down next to a group of friends. He didn't notice her, and she was fine with that. Peace and quiet was what she needed right now. Again she averted her eyes and began to look deep into the hangar. 

The friends were discussing. Mona could hear their conversation. It was perhaps a little too loud but she tried to ignore it. Although a couple of them indulged in unfunny jokes about female pilots, and some accosted them in a rather rude way. Mona was slightly taken aback, although she had already dealt with such people in her school. As usual, the male dominatrixes showed their horns. 

And this was a signal to her that this would not end well. She noticed that Luke, despite being with them, did not join in the jokes or participate in the hooking up.This captured her. He sat there and did not speak. She had no way to see his face but it was clear that he was no longer as comfortable as he had been a few minutes earlier when he joined the group. Mona finished her coffee. She got up from the table, walked past the group but did not look in their direction. She had just stopped by the trash can and dropped her mug when words apparently directed at her came to her ears.