Part 33

The first enemy ships, around noon, were registered near the Hoth system. An armada of Imperial cruisers was rapidly approaching orbit. Powerful cruisers sent to destroy, obliterating any breath of rebel resistance. Nothing was known who would prevail and who would fall in this inevitable skirmish.

Meanwhile, outside in the trenches, Rebel soldiers in white camouflage uniforms were preparing for their first defense against the enemy

Meanwhile, outside in the trenches, Rebel soldiers in white camouflage uniforms were preparing for their first defense against the enemy. The trenches along which they were spread were quite deep and had entrances to tunnels if an immediate retreat was needed. Powerful armored guns and high-quality blasters with sights lay on top of the snow trenches, ready to fire with precision. The skilled gunners of the special unit were seasoned in battle and always ready for the mission. The goal was one, to keep the enemy as long as possible and away from the base to allow more time for evacuation.

The atmosphere was becoming thick with the tension with which the attack was expected. Suddenly one could feel a gentle trembling of the ground. Not very intense at first, however, it became more pronounced with each passing moment. The tremors became stronger and stronger, as if they were pounding out an unknown rhythm, which frightened some of the daredevils. One of the officers standing on the watchtower raised his electro-binoculars. With its help, he looked at the distant horizon. At that moment he spotted powerful steel legs, which time and again caused their grim mash, trembling.

Everyone held their breaths in anticipation of what the dark, power-hungry and obedient Galactic Empire had prepared. That the battle would have a positive outcome for it. Great , powerful iron walking machines, unveiled their readiness. Again and again they overtook the arrival of the regular army. They were the first to attack the trenches, and their precise shots, aimed at the enemy. Dark and cunning Lord, he was about to crush the spirit of the , brave rebels. And he did not hesitate to use the most specialized weapons to do so.

*

In the hangar, squadrons of X-wings and Y-wings were just reporting to their stations. The choppers, superbly maneuverable, lightweight two-man combat ships, were to give resistance to an invasion of machines from hell. They were sent to defend the trenches, preventing the intruders, from taking any targets, when the announcement came about the walking machines, all units were ready to inflict losses on the enemy. And the battle was about to begin in a few moments.

The red squadron which Luke commanded was one of the first to take off from the hangar. When the warning signal wailed , the machines took to flight. The steel fuselage equipped with cannons, was to repel, any attack, or inflict blows to the dark army, after which its momentum would decrease. The battle began, to the death .in which the winner takes all.