Part 34

Cloud City Bespin.

The setting sun over the planet, was still making its way through the thick clouds, illuminating them with warm light. Although the setting would have been suitable for a romantic evening on the beach, this time, however, it became the scene of an unfolding drama. Everything that had happened so far had its finale. Beneath a beautiful, modern city that glided on a gaseous planet, an electronic windmill became the young commander's only and last resort. His tattered uniform betrayed signs of a recent battle. 

A battle which, led by ideas, convinced of his inevitable destiny, the young boy, fought with a dark rush. It proved to be too much of a challenge for him, one he could not accept. His mind was torn by conflicting emotions. He was a lost piece of a larger plan, and yet he fell, under the onslaught of confidence and belief that anything was possible.

 Clinging to the iron object with his last reserves of strength, he had little hope left. His weakened body stood on the brink of life and death relying on the strength of the iron object. Beneath him stretched an endless abyss into which he would most likely have to fall sooner or later. But despite his weakened body and the searing pain from the loss of his hand, Luke held on still, saving himself from the inevitable. 

With the last layers of his mind, hobbled by black thoughts, he called first to his mentor. Later, the princess closest to his heart. He wondered if all this still made sense. At the moment, he didn't know the answer to that question. Again and again, trying to wring out layers of mental strength, he tried once again to telepathically send a message.

- Leia...? Hear me.... - sent a signal

It is said that hope dies last. In this case, it is difficult to find confirmation of this rule? Just some time ago, a young Jedi adept faced a choice. And his future could suddenly and brutally come to an end. A desperate step and a refusal to give in to manipulation won out. Youthful enthusiasm, fled. And the inevitable became a reality. Now he was just saving his life. Although even to hold on tightly, he did not have the strength.

Although the ship with the rescue had already arrived, he was still dangling between life and death

Although the ship with the rescue had already arrived, he was still dangling between life and death. When he finally got on board , he did not feel safe. Fear constantly fought for his heart. He could not accept that the truth he believed in was a lie. A mentor a fraud. And destiny a pipe dream. He struggled with these thoughts even as the princess put him on a medical bed and dressed his wound, having lost her hand. The ship trembled under the onslaught of accurate missiles from enemy TIE fighters.

 Time and again the tremors became difficult to bear. When they flew out of Bespin's atmosphere, they had nowhere else to run. A dark star destroyer, was waiting to engulf them. The enemy had set a trap for them. It was hard to predict what the end of the story would have been had it not been for one of the robots, the barrel-chested R2D2. Small, clever, on small wheels, he inserted his one of many metal handles into a certain hole in the wall. Then he saved everyone by activating the hyperdrive. 

The ship disappeared from sight of the star destroyer. They eluded him, leaving him in orbit of Bespin. The Dark Sith had to do without a taste this time as well. One of his most important prey escaped him. Which was supposed to bring him, eternal glory before the Emperor. However, the Black Lord counted. He underestimated , that someone else here determines the course of events. And he, despite the fact that he had power and wielded unlimited power, had to accept defeat.

When Leia led Luke into the room again. Helping him to lie down on the bed again. Gently, dressing his wounds, she managed to tell him what happened before she rescued him. Her story, was a sad and difficult pill to swallow. It once again hurt the already badly battered by fate boy. Captain Solo's body, frozen in carbonite, was already on its way to Tatooine. 

There was no chance to save him now. A plan was needed. But the most important thing now was for Luke to receive medical attention. When Leia left the cabin, he remembered Mona. The girl he loved with all his heart. It had been ages for him when he last placed a kiss on her cheek. Now he knew he would have to face up to explaining to her as well what had happened. He felt how cruelly fate had mocked him. Again he would not be given peace of mind.

 The wounded girl may never want to see him again, resent him, and not just because he wanted to leave her and undergo training, but because her brother shared a cruel fate

 The wounded girl may never want to see him again, resent him, and not just because he wanted to leave her and undergo training, but because her brother shared a cruel fate. And it would be some time before she got him back again. Everything was coming to a head. And the sense of responsibility overwhelmed the young knight. His spirit, along with his thoughts, fell painfully. And he himself, despite being alive, had the feeling that he was dead inside.