Part 35

Three months after the incident, Mona awoke from a coma. She was sore and her body was still fighting pneumonia. She remembered her wild and crazy ride on Tauntaun. She was aware of the brawl before. But she completely did not remember the moment she fell. She had no idea that Luke saved her life that day, that she had surgery and then just waited to wake up. When she regained consciousness, she was disconnected from the apparatus. And it was decided that the drugs would not be given to her in a drip, but in capsule form.

She constantly felt that she was weakened and from being in a coma for a long time, she was dizzy

She constantly felt that she was weakened and from being in a coma for a long time, she was dizzy. Ordinary activities were daily challenges that she handled poorly at first. Her emaciated body and pale complexion betrayed signs of fighting the disease. Chest pain at first prevented her from resting at night. Her cough intensified with every inhalation. Therefore, she was assigned quite strong anti-inflammatory and painkillers.

The doctor handed her a letter from the princess. She was assured of care until her return. The girl knew that a long convalescence awaited her. She was slowly regaining her strength, but she still had in her mind what had happened, tormented by questions, dilemmas and partly remorse. Maybe her anger at her brother hadn't quite gone away yet. And she decided to talk to him as soon as he returned. But when it came to her boyfriend she was beating herself up with a powerful dose of conflicting conclusions and thoughts.

She knew that she too had a secret. She just couldn't reveal it in time. But as for Luke, she wasn't sure if he had done it deliberately and on purpose , as she had assumed earlier, after being provoked by her brother, but things just took that course. What if, however, he didn't? She could not be so sure of her point of view.

That day was a disaster. But were they the only ones who made a mistake. Through fear that she would die and their hearts would be wounded, she was unable to reveal to them what was happening to her. And maybe also because she didn't fully understand it herself. And this perspective somewhat allowed her to understand why everyone was hiding secrets. Everyone had their own reason. But most often it was fear of hurting her.

At the end of the week, Leia and Luke returned

At the end of the week, Leia and Luke returned. Luke had to undergo hand reconstruction surgery. Leia, on the other hand, had plans to visit Mona, but the timing and the general not-so-good circumstances of their return, made her heart bleed when she thought about visiting , she said. She was to inform Mona that Han had fallen into the hands of a bounty hunter, had been frozen in carbonite. And transported to Tatooine. Luke has no hand and nearly died. And she loves her brother.

In such a situation, even the princess had to think hard about how to convey all this to the girl after the operation to remove the tumor. It was a real challenge for her. And even when they were still aboard the Falcon, she already thought it would be the most difficult crossing for her.

The girl was an emotional person And this further did not make the situation any easier. It took a real diplomatic approach for this news not to hit her harder than the situation the girl additionally faced. She had no idea if her friend had dealt with the situation she had before the accident. And now how to further explain these to her. She had a feeling that this could end badly again.

When Leia saw Luke, when he had a test of his restored hand

When Leia saw Luke, when he had a test of his restored hand. She asked him if he had any ideas about talking to Mona.

- Mona woke up. She is in the room at the end of the hall," - she looked at her friend with a concerned face.

- Really ? - the boy beamed at this news, In this whole situation it was just what he had been longing for.

- Yes, he still has pneumonia. But she is slowly recovering. Only that... how to embrace all this," in a resigned voice Leia breathed heavily

- Don't worry,- he smiled at her, - I'll take care of it. I have to talk to her anyway. It will be a long conversation. But I have to do it. For myself and for her.

- Be careful, do you know what happened last time?

- Yes... but... in a way it was not her fault. Han overreacted and it was good that he told me about it later. I have to talk to her. And as soon as possible.

- Do you still love her, despite that situation?

Leia, how could I not love her. But in order to repair the relationship between us, I have to go to her personally myself, no matter how it ends. Explain what happened and get back what is possible.

- Ok....- this did not convince her

Luke moved his hand, and the robot tested the sensory system by gently touching his toes with a medical pin. Everything was perfect. Although the bioprosthesis was not his hand but worked together with his nervous system. But the wounds that resulted from other things were still not healing at all.

He still felt the emptiness, the great gap between who he was and who he was now, and the rift between his soul and his broken spirit. He couldn't make plans yet, anything in terms of saving Han. He had to first embrace what he had left and fix what he could . Nothing else occupied his mind.