Chapter 6

Chapter 6 Sickness

    Stepping into the small city of the future, the heat wave hits.

    Song Xiang took off his cotton coat and hung it on the warehouse door. He used a small cart to pull a bundle of apple saplings and five catties of cabbage seeds to the outside of the city.

    The first batch of cabbage and lettuce planted by the river ten days ago grew to the height of the index finger under Song Xiang's meticulous care. They were lush and juicy.

    According to this speed, you can harvest in another half a month. Twenty-five days to grow is a normal speed, but Song Xiang still feels a bit slow. If it weren't for the little assistant who explicitly prohibits the use of modern fertilizers, she really wants to come every morning, noon and night. Fertilize again.

    Song Xiang simply dug the field next to the vegetable seedlings. Because the soil is sandy and the surface is still very soft, it was easy to dig. After digging, he sprinkled all the cabbage seeds he brought on it. Then take a small bamboo sieve to sieve some fine soil and cover it.

    When planting vegetables for the first two times, Song Xiang found that using a hoe to hook the soil and then fill it back, there was always more here and less there, and it was not easy for vegetable seeds to germinate in places with a lot of soil, so she thought of a way to take the soil from her grandmother Take the sieve used to sift the broken rice and use it.

    Facts have proved that the small bamboo sieve is quite useful. The sifted soil is fine and dense, like rain, covering the seeds evenly.

    It’s no wonder that Song Xiang’s work is rough. In fact, she is not very good at doing farm work. Because of her health, she only occasionally helps grandma grow or pick vegetables in the vegetable field behind the yard when she is at home. Turning the soil, burying the soil and fertilizing, other difficult things will not work.

    Fortunately, these cabbage seeds are struggling, and one of them is planted alive. I don’t know if it’s luck or other reasons. In short, the success of this kind of cabbage makes Song Xiang motivated. Before it’s dark, she will pull it in. I pushed a bundle of apple saplings to the hillside across the river, dug a hole, planted a tree, buried the soil and watered it. The steps were exactly the same as planting cabbage, simple and rough.

    The roots of the apple saplings have soil balls, and the soil is very fresh. It can be guaranteed that they have just been dug out from the planting base, and the survival rate is also high. ⑨Shiguang

    she bought a total of five kinds of fruit seedlings including apples, pears, peaches, oranges, and grapes, 200 of each kind, a total of 1,000. Water, then wait for germination, flowering and fruiting.

    After planting the fruit trees, Song Xiang returned to the small shop. The small shop was quiet, only the tablet was on, indicating that the little assistant was living in it and watching TV.

    "I'm running a shop, you help take care of the business, I'll go eat something." Song Xiang opened the shop, selling a little, so as to subsidize the family.

    Song Xiang counted the money in her hands. Before her grandma passed away, the tens of thousands of yuan that she planned to subsidize to Uncle Song was later given to her, but this money cannot be moved, and only her own money can be moved. money, but more than half of it has been spent on buying seeds recently, and I can no longer just sit and eat.

    The little assistant who was addicted to watching martial arts dramas said: "Don't worry, the host, I will take good care of the shop." In

    the past few days, Song Xiang and the little assistant have found a strange way of getting along with each other, without disturbing each other, and they seem to get along very happily.