1- Slap

Have you ever held sand in your hand and watched it slip out of your grasp like all those fortunes and possessions you were so proud of?

That is why, never hold too much pride, you never know when you might lose the thing you are so proud of.

***

"You are my moon." A smile crept on little Garnet's lips when she heard it.

"And Eri?" She asked with her green eyes inherited from her mother, glimmering with innocence.

"She is all those stars in the sky. She is little, so her light is dim, that's why you have to give your light to her so that she never fades away. Protect and love her till your last breath, okay?"

Garnet loved her little sister; Erica.

The night her parents left the kids in care of their Aunt; Lenny Gord's care. They were waiting impatiently for their parents to come back but they never did.

"You are a cursed child."

A silent tear rolled from the corner of Garnet's emerald eyes as she ran her hand in Erica's brown, same as hers hairs and kissed her forehead.

"I'll protect you, no matter what."

The next day, it was her birthday, it was the time for her to leave the orphanage, she had turned 23. She was amazed that the orphanage still agreed to have her after exceeding the limit.

But, the answer was simple, Erica cannot live without Garnet. For the sake of the 12 years old kid who grew without even recognizing who her parents are. They both grew up here.

"I'll take you back soon Eri, okay?" She asked Erica.

"Come soon." The timid girl replied.

"I promise." She kissed her forehead and pulled away.

"Nut! Before you go, I want to give you a present." Erica said innocently with her eyes the same as her sister. Her looks are the same as her, average height, raven hairs and emerald eyes.

"Really? What is it?" Garnet asked excitedly.

"Happy Birthday!" She chirped while giving her a pencil adorn with fluff. "Oh, Thank you so much, Eri. I loved it!" Erica hugged her and pulled away slowly and bid her farewell to everyone.

After giving a final kiss on Erica's forehead, she finally turned her back upon them. She walked out of the orphanage and went to the place she is staying; her friend's; Lesley.

They are friends from the orphanage, Lesley left after turning 18. They were quite close. They are staying together in her place. They first set Garnet's stuff in the guest room and ordered themselves a pizza.

"Hey, Garnet, Don't you think we can share this apartment? I mean we can call Erica here too. It's big enough." She said casually.

"No.. I don't want to bother you and besides I want to buy a place with my money." She said,

"I see.. But, you are welcome here anytime." Lesley said running her hands in her raven hairs while her raven eyes are getting heavy from boredom. After a moment of silence, she suddenly jerked up and began to shout in enthusiasm.

"Whose ghost possessed you?" asked Garnet with her gaze fixed on TV.

"Come let's go to the club." She said dragging her away with her,

"Wha- Why? I don't know what to do. I am missing Erica a lot." She said sadly.

"Oh, come on girl. Just what harm one night gonna cause? Let's just forget your worries. We can celebrate your first drink there."