90- Time

GARNET

My heart was overwhelmed with gaiety, I couldn't even explain how elated and blessed I felt. It was like something I used to dream about and it became actuality.

Although it all happened too quickly but It was all real! He proposed to me!

"What are you looking at?" Roy asked, driving us back home because of him we missed our flight and the next flight is in the evening. I smiled and shook my head,

"Nut is looking at you, Brother." Eri said. I blushed and looked out of the window.

"She can do it." He chuckled.

"We missed our flight because of you."

"Because you didn't say that you are going to meet your Aunt."

"I forgot. And you, you thought that I am going to leave you forever." I frowned.

"What? I got scared. You even gave me that rose." He reasoned, defending himself.

"You give me roses everyday, What if I pay it back?" I shrugged, trying to control myself but failed.

"So you are growing it for brother Roy!" Eri exclaimed.

"What?" Roy asked, mouth gaping with a mischievous look.

"She grew it herself for you." Eri blurted out. I glared at her but she just kept grinning and Roy laughed.

"What? You always give me roses you grew yourself so.. I did the same." I mumbled.

"Well, Thank you very much. It's no less than a treasure. " He smiled. I sighed deeply and then we reached my home. We got out and went inside, Eri ran to her room leaving us alone, giving us some time to talk.

"Garnet." Roy called me. I hummed. "I was thinking I should go with you too." He said. I turned to him and shook my head in denial, "No, Roy."

"Why? I can go and meet your Aunt and tell her about us." He reasoned. I motioned him to sit. I sat beside him and held his hands and explained,

"Look, Roy. I will tell Aunt about us. We can meet her any other time. Now, you need to stay here and focus on work and I believe you haven't told anyone that you proposed to me and I don't want you to make it public... as long as your parents won't agree." He looked at me intensely and gave me a hesitant nod,

"Mother will agree."

"And your father?" I asked.

He frowned and muttered, "I don't need him."

"No. You do. Your hatred will give rise to more hate Roy. I am not telling you to patch things up with him, just ask for his permission. It's all too sudden even this hasn't sunk inside me too. I still think it's a dream." I said softly, giving his hand a slight squeeze.

"You do?" He asked with a smirk.

"Shall I wake you up?" He asked, moving to me.

My lips curved downward as I sighed, "Roy, Listen." I scold. "Okay." he smiled. I smiled back.

"I will be back in a few days. Think about it carefully about what you said. Are you ready for it or not? Think about it all and then tell me, okay?"

"My words will not change," he said firmly.

"Okay, but at least think about it because I am not ready to marry abruptly." I said, trying to make him understand.

"I know Garnet you don't want to marry that sudden or quick and I am not forcing you too. We will just have our engagement and we can marry when you think you are ready." He said sweetly. I smiled and put my head over his chest.