99- Mourning

"Father...?"

Between the sound of our deafening sobs a lull took over. My breath hitched when his hand which gave me all in-depth happiness was removed.

"Father, No. Father. Father!"

We called him again but our words didn't reach his ears. My strength is deprived of me. I lost my ability to react, all I could see was devastation; an agony which is killing me from inside.

I blinked, trying to deny the reality which my eyes saw.

"Father!" Lucien cried loudly as I remained motionless, a storm came inside me but I couldn't react to it. He cannot leave like this...

"Arthur!" Mother's voice came from behind.

"Arthur. Arthur. Tell me it's not true!" Mother shouted, letting out roaring cries.

"I am sorry. He is no more." The doctor said,

I closed my eyes as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Roy.." Garnet called me, holding my hand. She sniffed and held her tears back. I looked at her. I didn't react, I didn't move. I just remained silent, losing my cognition to do anything. I spent all my life hating him and now he is no more here, I could feel the mournful feeling sucking my life out of me and breaking me apart but why? Why am I hurt? I shouldn't be.

There was no grief bigger than losing your parents.

1 Week Later:-

Locked away from the world, my everything came to a halt. Eerie silence everywhere which is giving me intense dread.

I wanted to cry out but I couldn't produce any more tears. I want to let out this unbearable feeling but it seems like the pain has buried itself inside me and I cannot take it out.

I am in my room, leaning my back on the bed, closing my eyes, sitting on the ground, hugging my knees close to my chest.

I remained like that for I don't know how long.

Every person was made from soil and became one with it in the end so why do I find it so hard to accept this irrefutable reality?

I heard a knock on my door, I didn't say anything.

The creaking sound of the door being opened reached my ears. I looked up and saw Garnet entering.

"Leave me alone, Garnet..." I whispered.

"Roy..." She called me, coming close to me.

She sat beside me and hugged her knees too. A dolorous smile crept upon her lips as she began to say,

"I was also devastated like you when I lost my parents..." She whispered. She put her chin on her knees and looked at me.

"I stopped talking, stopped eating. I just isolate myself from everyone. I know how you felt, it must be intolerable. I know you cannot overcome that pain easily. You can feel it every passing moment but that's life Roy. You have to stand up again with that pain and move forward." She said in a low tone, holding my one hand and kissing it.

A tear rolled down from our eyes simultaneously, I swallowed the lump in my throat to not cry but it was so hard.

"Then how did you subdue it?" I asked in a whisper. She sniffed and wiped her tears.

"There's an almost two year old sister of mine waiting for me to return to her and not be lost like my parents. She was there, not wanting to lose me as well and when I saw her, I realized; I have to live and stay strong for her. I put myself together for her sake."