36- New Home

A wide yet wicked grin spread across my lips as I leaned on the desk in Mr Layne's cabin while he signed my papers to agree for my Loan.

He was fuming the whole time and I was only smirking to find him like that. It was not funny to him now when he was being blackmailed but I was wallowing in it.

"Ah, don't make that face." I snickered, waving at him to calm down but he kept growling.

"Thank you very much." I said sweetly, hiding the venom of my voice and took the cheque from him.

I got my loan, nothing else matters to me now.

"You know, It's not the money which bothers me but your method." He sighed, pinching his nose.

He was clearly frustrated with me.

"So? As if your methods are pure." I shrugged my shoulders, folding my arms at my chest.

"I don't blackmail you. Lucien does." He growled, curling his hand in a fist.

"He is your brother. Not even older, your twin still can't stop him." I reasoned, curling my lips downwards.

"You don't know what a cryptical creature he is." He rolled his eyes off, pressing his teeth together.

"Why does it affect you? So what if I did this? It's not that you are a saint yourself. " I asked nonchalantly.

I couldn't understand his demeanor. He was not enlivened at all and I wondered why.

"Leave it." He muttered under his breath. Since I am stuck here for the next three years, I will pay it back so I didn't bother to think about it either.

On second thought, I could make Mr Layne terminate the contract himself as he has to pay 1 Million compensation for it. And again...

I am an idiot! Why didn't I think about this before?!

Well, at least I got what I want, greed might drown me.

Mr Layne scoffed, utterly infuriated, how I could do this to him but I loved it, how I broke his pride and showed him he cannot sway me like any woman and I left.

I went home, I have already asked Lesley to find me a home and she did. I have already prepared all the papers for Erica to leave and for the new home.

"Here you go!" Lesley announced taking a step inside my apartment.

The best thing about it is that it's near my workplace. And I don't have to change buses to reach there or leave the place an hour before work.

I entered. There was a hall with two steps. There were two rooms beside each other and a kitchen in the opposite direction. There's a glass door in the hall which leads to a balcony where I could put some pots.

The place was perfect for us.

"Now, I need to get Erica. Okay, I have a stable job with a very good pay and I can easily pay back my loan." I breathed out, smirking at Lesley.

"You're doing great." She smiled, showing me a thumbs up.

There are no problems for the next three years.. For money.

And finally after almost four months ever since I left the orphanage, I moved into my own home. And gonna take Erica with me too.

I deserve praise for settling down that quick- even if that was immoral but who cares? I deserve this much after what I have gone through.

I inhaled and smiled widely, "There's a school nearby too." Lesley told me. I nodded.

"I guess. 4th standard would be right for Erica." I shook my head no.

"5th. She can do this much." I mumbled, she could do it.

"You sure?" Lesley asked and I nodded.

"Yeah. She can do this."

She shrugged her shoulders. I then took all those forms from the orphanage and filled them and did all the stuff I needed.

I also moved to my new home and Lesley helped me a lot with it. I took a day off from work and got everything ready.

"To our new home!"

Lesley shouted as we both clicked the glass of our red wine together.

"To our new home!" I said cheerfully and took a sip of my drink. God, I missed it.

"Are you sure you should drink this?" She asked.

"I am fine, besides, what harm can one drink cause?" I laughed off.

"It's not like I will become an addict like before with just one drink."

I said drinking my wine slowly and enjoying the taste. Lesley hummed and we began to talk about stuff.

The time passed and we both spent the night at my new place.

The next day, I woke up in my room as sunlight fell over my face because I forgot to put on the curtains. Light glistened over my face waking me up from my lull. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

I stretched and got ready.

"This Sunday, Eri. Just wait."

Filled with blithe, I got ready and left for my work.

Too exhilarated, I didn't let anything get to my heart- not even Mr Layne's taunts. On my way, I stumbled upon Jasper.

"Oh, Sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay. May I know why you are that lost in happiness?" He asked sweetly.

I grinned and replied, "This Sunday my sister will move in with me."

"Really? Where does she live now?" He asked.

"Orphanage."

"Oh... Congratulations then." He said sincerely.

"Thanks." I said with a quiet laugh.

I then tugged my hairs behind my ears and began to say, "Uh.. Jasper... I want to apologize for not coming."

"No, it's okay. You must have your reasons." He said.

"Hmm." I hummed.

"If you need any help, tell me." He said expectantly.

"I will." I grinned again.

"By the way, do you want to get a cup of coffee with me after work?" He offered.

"I would love to." I couldn't say yes before but now I did.

He is a nice guy. What harm a date or two will cause? He is a perfect guy, who can refuse him? Sweet, cute and the director to add the cherry on top.

"Okay then. See you." He smiled and I smiled back as he left.

I shook my head and went to get myself a cup of tea. As I was walking down the corridor. I saw Mr Layne, I passed him a wide teasingly provoking smile.

"Good to see you, Sir."

Hitting his fragile emotions but ever since I blackmailed him he just kept being grumpy and I found it too amusing to watch his defeat.

The result was clearly written on his face.

"Hmph."

He scoffed and rolled his eyes from me and walked past me but that's what I thought.

Before my mind could register what happened or perhaps I took a step forward, I was pinned harshly against the wall; not even in his office but rather on an empty corridor.

Indicating I did something to piss him off... again. What? I had no idea.