96- Day Together

"Stop staring, Roy!"

I scowled at Roy who kept staring at me and not listening to me at all, lost in his own world.

"Listen, Mr Layne, I am talking to you!" I whined, slamming the files on his table, finally waking him up from his daydream.

"What? I was listening." Roy said. I narrowed my eyes at him and asked, "Then tell me, Mr Layne."

His smile faded and said sternly, "Don't call me that."

"We are at work." I replied, deadpanned. He sighed and put his hand over his forehead.

"Now, tell me what I was saying." I asked, putting my hand over my waist with a smirk over my lips.

"Stop staring." He said, leaning in a little.

"And before that?" I asked, putting my hands on the table and leaning in.

He smiled and opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't say anything because he didn't hear what I said!

I sighed loudly and he closed his mouth with his smile slowly faltering.

"I was saying the meeting is about to start. We have to leave soon and after the meeting, drop me at Eri's school for PTM, it will be over soon and then we also have an appointment with the wedding planner." I explained to him again. He nodded.

"Okay... So then, let's go." He said standing up. I took a deep breath and took the files he needed and walked behind him.

We were going to the hotel where the meeting was being held. I was looking at the file and then I suddenly asked, "Roy.."

He hummed and I continued, "I think I am distracting you from your work. Your work means a lot to you and I don't want to disturb you." I said nervously.

He spared a glance at me and replied, "But, you cannot leave me, My beloved Garnet."

I chuckled and replied, "Yeah. Not unless I pay my loan back and till the contract finishes." He smiled.

"By the way, Roy. I am the only employee with a contract, aren't I?" I asked.

He smirked and replied, "Maybe."

"I knew it!" I chirped.

"I don't want you to go away. You have always been my golden bird." He spoke in his charming voice which gave me butterflies in my stomach. I smiled shyly and didn't reply and looked out of the window.

We reached the hotel and the meeting went well. After the meeting everyone was talking. I was enjoying my tea alone when someone came.

"Hey. Are you Mr Layne's assistant?" He asked, taking a seat beside me. I smiled and nodded.

"You are pretty. By the way, I am Zack, the architect of the beach resort, do you remember? I feel sorry for what happened at the opening ceremony. It was horrible, curse who did it." He said sweetly. It was me.

"I am also the architect of this project as well." He continued.

I smiled and replied, "Nice to meet you. I am Garnet."

He chuckled nervously, "I wasn't able to get it last time." I hummed and took a sip of my coffee.

"By the way, would you like to get a cup of coffee with me?" He asked hopefully.

I raised my gaze and turned to look at Roy who was looking at me with a frown. I smirked looking at him and then turned to that guy.

I raised my hand, showed him my engagement ring and began to say in a fake sad voice, "I would love to but my fiancé wouldn't like it. Why don't you ask for his permission?" I said innocently.