65- A Person's Dignity

Mother was sitting there, reading a book, humming to herself. Lucien dragged me, pushing me in front of her.

I quickly wiped my tears, swallowing continuously to maintain my posture as we both stood in front of her.

"Mother.. "

Lucien called and forced a smile while I kept looking down, I can't see her gaze anymore.

"Oh, both of my Kings. What happened? What brings you two here?" She asked sweetly, grinning up but it faded after espying our mien.

We both bent to our knees and put our hands in her laps, "Mother.. Tell Roy what you told me about a person's dignity back then." Lucien said softly.

Mother was perplexed by our demeanor and asked, "What happened? Is everything okay? Why are you bringing that up."

"There's an idiot who needs to know what trauma is like. To know that people can forget but the person to whom it happened, can't." Lucien taunted, looking furiously at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Roy.. What happened? What did you do?" Mother asked, worried.

"Just Mother say it." Lucien sighed.

Mother smiled gently and ran her hands in our hairs and pulled us close, putting our head in her laps.

"A person desires dignity more than anything. Never hurt it. I agree I made your Father who he is today, I did that to him. I deserve all of it... I am his culprit but he never lets anyone disrespect me."

And I have defiled her that much that she couldn't even look at herself. I had broken her trust, the faith she held in me.

I nuzzled my face in her laps to hide from the crimes I have committed and not being able to bear this anymore, I broke into sobs. I ended up crying, pouring my emotions into my tears.

My grip around her tightened as my tears finally burst out and I began to let out my anguish. My heart dropped its beat as my soul was being pricked by thorns.

"What have I done..? " I whispered while crying.

"What happened, Roy?" Mother asked, getting concerned by each tear I shed but they had no halt as I cried just like I used to cry in my childhood. Mournful, I couldn't meet my own gaze.

She made me realize that I am evil.

"I didn't mean to! I didn't mean to, I am sorry, I swear, I am sorry!" I cried. Nothing can justify my action.

My tears, my cries, my remorse did no good to me, none of it lessened my heart; anything that could calm this ravage is her forgiveness which is impossible to get.

I failed to realize just how much of a corrupt soul I have become.

"I am so sorry!" I sobbed as loud as I could. Mother hugged me close as I cried with no intention of stopping.

"Mother, What.. What did I do? I broke her hopes, I was supposed to make her feel protected. She should be safe with me and I... I took advantage of that feeling of protection." I said, breathlessly, desperately.

Tears glistened my cheeks, I lost my breath, crushed under the weight of my deeds. Mind vague and not in the condition to think straight.

"Roy, Did something bad..." Lucien said sadly, turning his head away.

"I beg you Roy, never do anything that I find disappointment in your eyes." She whispered.

She then looked at both us with a glint of heartbreak as continued,