3- Interview

What do I do now, why him? Of all people. Why is life so cruel, Why him!?

Now, I understood why Lesley was worried, God, that woman should have told me before. But he is a professional, why would he involve personal grudges in work, right?

"Oh, God, what should I do now?" Whispering under my breath, I was tense to no extent, I didn't know what to do anymore.

I should leave, there's no place for me anymore. Just the moment I stood up to leave, I was called.

"Garnet Beth. Your turn."

My eyes widened as my heart skipped a beat. I clutched my file close to my chest as I felt startled. I grit my teeth and lowered my head. I inhaled deeply and raised my head with a cold gaze.

Endure this feeling.

Despite the fact my heart was bursting out of my rib cage I walked inside with a superior aura and bad omens were given to me but I shrugged this off and put up a cold face.

"You can do this, Garnet." I tried a failed attempt to boost my confidence.

I knocked and opened the door slightly, "May I come in, Sir?" I asked hesitantly, bearing the overwhelm in my body.

"Hmm." He hummed as I entered. He was reading a file, he shot up his head with a nonchalant look which couldn't remain for long, his eyes widened for a second to look at me.

I remained stoic and walked closer as I put my file on his table and said monotonously, "Good Morning, Sir."

I took steps back and looked at him, who was gawking at me. I stood there waiting for him to speak.

His eyes are filled with a mixed emotion of astonishment and anger. After a minute he cleared his throat and picked my file and read it.

"I-I am-" I was about to call my name but he cut me off.

"Garnet Beth." He spoke my name in his commanding voice. I felt like I am here for military training rather than a PA job interview.

"Take a seat." He said, straightening his shoulders, gesturing to me to sit down.

"Thank you, Sir." I said sincerely, praying he won't mix his personal fury.

"So, you lived in Texas, what brought you here in New York?" He asked, intrigued, looking at the file then at me with a dark look I couldn't ignore.

"Personal Problems." I replied.

"Like?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"If I can tell you, how can it be personal? I am sorry, I cannot tell." Confirmed. You will not get this job. Shut up.

A smirk appeared on his face as he tilted his face a little to his right and leaned back on the chair, "I see..." Resting his right elbow on the armrest of the chair. I felt extremely anxious but I didn't show it.

He put the file back and stared at me and under that sharp gaze, which looked menacing, how can I relax?

"Give me a reason to hire you. You have a two year gap of no specific education or experience." He said, almost amused.

"I assure you my two years of gap won't affect my present. From my education to my skills, all these meet your requirements and as for experience, I know it is not enough but I have years ahead to learn and grow." I said which caused his smirk to grow wider. Shut this mouth of yours, you are just here to humiliate yourself.

"Well Ms Beth, Others here are also eligible, what makes 'you' so special?" He asked, mockery lingered in his every word.

I inhaled and replied, "I have a diploma in business finance and accounts. And I surely know how to do my job rather than idling around and drooling over my boss."

What the hell did I just say?

"And you think the girls are coming here just to seduce me?" he asked in a slightly angered voice.

"Based upon intentions.'' I replied monotonously.

"And what are your intentions?" He asked, looking at me intently.

"I need money, I am not interested in other things." He closed his eyes and stood up.

"Well, Thank you Ms Beth, You may leave now" He buttoned his coat. I also stood up.

"Have a nice day, Sir." I said and took back my file. Well done, wasting your time.

I turned to leave, the moment I held the knob of the door, a hand slammed on the door as I let out a squeak as my breath hitched.

I quickly took a step back. He looked at me with a mystifying gaze for startling but surely was amused to see me like this. He opened the door amd motioned me to go out as he spoke in charming yet derisive voice,

"What happened Ms Beth? I did literally nothing yet it seems like you can slap me anytime."

I didn't reply and walked out with him following me from behind. I didn't dare to lift my gaze as I felt so timid and scared.

"The interview is done." He told it to a guy while looking at me intensely. I clutched my file close to my chest as I nibbled on my bottom lip and left for home.

The moment I reached home, I waited for Lesley to come home. When she entered I burst.

"Why didn't you tell me that it was him!? Did your tongue stop working, huh!? Do you have any idea how awkward it was?! And He is the worst! You could have told me!"

"I told you to google him." She defended herself.

"You should have told me!" I said frustrated.

"You were so into it so I couldn't bring myself to. Besides, you should give it a try. He is handsome too."

"Shut up! It was nothing but humiliating and a waste of time."

"Oh come on, Garnet, forget about it." She chuckled, waving her hand to shrug it off but I cannot.

God please have some mercy upon me. I need this job badly.