40- Heartbroken Yourself

The fake smile on my lips finally vanished when her traces left but he remained unpretentious. The second she left, he was back to his heartless personality.

He was a man of stone, an end-level manipulator.

How he was behaving with her and the second she was out of the sight, he became cold again as if he consoled her as a burden.

Why was it affecting me, dammit?!

"Your file, Sir." I spoke coldly. I didn't know why but seeing them hurt me.

If he loved her this much, if she meant this much then why become possessive about me?

Who am I then?

"Hmm."

He took the file from me and leaned on his desk with a supreme smirk spread across his lips, looking tempting with sleeves rolled to the elbow of his white shirt and gray waistcoat.

He opened the file and began to read it, deliberately consuming his time while glancing at me from time to time.

'Stop looking at me like this.' I thought as my throat dried the way his eyes made their way hauntingly to mine.

I hugged my sides and looked at him with my bored look as he had no idea about the havoc in my collected composure.

"I completed my challenge, Miss Beth." He spoke up after a devilishly long period.

Mockingly, he closed the file, placing all his attention on me. A sly look enhancing his features.

"Hmm. So?" I said coldly, averting my gaze to avoid his.

"Jealous?" He teased me, smirk growing sinister yet it was harsh to neglect it. Yes.

If she was this important then what was my worth? Am I also a toy? Someone you try to sway with your manipulation?- I couldn't ask.

Who am I to ask after all...

"Did it pinch you to find someone else's embrace?"

He hit the nerve I didn't know existed.

"I am 'just your' personal assistant." I said in an icy tone, not forgetting what he told me back then to break me.

And now, I was simply complying with his words as I should.

"A personal assistant is not allowed to feel jealous." I taunted him, praying my words would pierce his heart how he did to me.

He snickered, "Liked the show?"

And his sentence showed the worth of his girlfriend.

"You are the worst boyfriend ever. Didn't your heart tremble once to use her?" I muttered to which he laughed, considering it a jocose. To him my words were frivolous.

His undoubtedly entrancing laugh died down, replaced by a sigh, signing the file and handing it over to me with no response.

I held the file but he didn't let it go.

"What?"

I looked at him bored, irked by his mien but the poisonous smirk adorned his thick lips and a beguiled look which disquieted me

"If I am a bad boyfriend... then why doesn't 'she' understand me..." He trailed off and moved close to me. The only distance between us was the length of that file as he hovered over me.

Eyes roaming my petite form extensively, completing, ".. The way you do?" He asked in a low growl.

And inhaling deeply, I bore my eyes directly into his feral ones, proclaiming the reality. Considering this as my chance to show him what I felt.

"Because I told you the realities. That you are a ruthless piece of flesh and..." Pausing, a sly smirk adorned my lips as I whispered seductively, "A trivial man."

Closing our gap, his amusement began to vanish, his posture began to shake. He hated what I threw at his face.

"Enough..."

Licking his lips, his breaths became heavy yet not parting his eyes from my face because deep down- He wanted to hear it too.

"And you saw yourself in me." I refused to stop.

Annihilating the distance, I continued, "And you were afraid."

My resonance lowered, I moved the file and gained access to his personal space as his smirk faltered upon being aware of the unbearable.

"To see that monster residing inside you. To see the face you hide behind this mask."

"To turn into the person you never want.. "

Curling my lips upward from one side maliciously, assaulting where exactly it hurts the most, leaving him vulnerable.

"Unaware that you have already become that devil.. "

I then moved to his neck, sensing the satisfactory shiver of his consternation.

"Blind in vengeance-"

"No..."

I looked at him temptingly, so close to his lips, completing my sentence which shattered his visage and faced his monster.

"-You lost your virtues.. "

His eyes widened in horror as a look of endless devastation flickered in his eyes, wreaking havoc of despair knowing the reality he was trying to deny.

"No. " His voice came out vague, lost in the depth of the abyss.

Narrowing his eyes, he hoped I would change my statement but I wouldn't. I prayed he could call me special too but he didn't.

And I would make him feel the exact same.

I held his collar and tiptoed as my body was pressed against his slowly feeling the heat emerging from his, surging a wave of enticement to my body.

"To whom you are so afraid of Roy?" I asked in a feeble voice.

Moving close to him. My hand over him, feeling his ripped muscles, creating a tension in my body. He was undeniably desirable.

"Tch, tch, tch, is the truth breaking you?" I asked, scrutinizing his convulsion of anguish, biting my bottom lip seductively but it couldn't last long when I noticed his expression.

He was immersed in a deep swirl, as if a kid was hiding under his bed to escape monsters. He was breathless, immobilized, agonized.

"What deluged you in sorrows to the extent of self denial? Why can't you accept that you have become what you resent?" I asked, provoking him, eliciting petrification visibly.

I didn't want to but I was not cruel either, I wanted to know what led him to this point of denial.

"That's not true." He no longer held the further strength to speak in appall.

"Why is it so hard for you to open up and speak? Why can't you ask for help for once?" I asked, not breaking our keen rhythm to ensure his deterioration.

His breath was getting heavy, a storm stirred his mind. He was being suffocated, hurting deeply.

His soul was burning in a fiery fire but I blazed the disaster.

We both were panting as I could feel our heartbeat becoming fast by each passing. I brushed my lips against his lips which were quivering in dread and spoke huskily.

"....How come you are a heartbreaker when you are heartbroken yourself?"