21- Cooking and Talking

I was there; in her reflection.

I stilled as everything around me stopped when I noticed that look of hers.

My eyes narrowed in compassion, Upon seeing her messy form, begging me to spare her some mercy.

Left with the inability to think, I loosen my grip on her wrist and moved my back immediately realizing what I was about to do and wiped her tears as my lips began to quiver in fear.

"G-Garnet, I.." With guilt consuming me, I couldn't speak further.

My breath was uneven- What have I done?

I moved back. She was still shaking because of the previous ordeal I gave her. I couldn't even look at her and felt angry at myself.

"Why are you doing this? Does it satisfy you?!" She growled, wiping her tears.

Her tears pricked my heart, "No! I swear It did not... I.. don't know what happened to me."

I pulled away from her and after a few seconds, I picked the tissue box on the table and gave it to her and sat beside her. She gasped and moved back in terror.

That moment, the fear she held inside her for me became clear and I can see it was massive.

"I.. am sorry." I whispered and just looked down, feeling remorseful and moved to the farthest corner as the sound of her sobs echoed in my mind and stirred it.

"C-Compose yourself, G-Garnet... I.. didn't m-mean to. " I stuttered, looking away, biting my lips as my chest tightened. She sniffed and wiped her tears.

It took her a few minutes to calm herself. Her lips were still quivering as I gave her a glass of water. She took it with both of her hands and drank it.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked sadly.

"It was unintentional, believe me." I replied in the same tone.

I wasn't able to see her gaze which showed me that I became the person I despite the most; Mr Layne, for a moment.

..The fire of repentance burns more than the fire of wrath because it's eternal...

She hesitantly stood up and left.

After she left, I cursed loudly and pulled my hair in frustration.

Just how can I do this?! How can I become Mr Layne? I would rather die to turn myself into him.

And... I never felt like this when I saw her tears before. My revenge was still incomplete, would I be able to bear to see her reaction on the day when my revenge would be completed?

Can she bear it?

No, Don't think about it. I shook my head to let out my thoughts and went back to my work, trying to focus on it.

The rest of the day, Garnet was terrified of me and didn't even speak louder than a whisper and I just ignored it- what could I do anyways?

I went home and saw Lucien, he was talking to someone, his usual habit of blackmailing. I sighed and walked to him.

"I don't care, you have to do what I told you." He said strictly and cut the call.

"Another prey?" I asked, leaning on the counter of the kitchen.

He nodded, "I have a lot of other toys other than Garnet." He winked. I tried knowing but he never let me know who they were or what he did to them.

He became mysteriously dangerous sometimes.