72- Drown You

ROY

The mistakes I had made, I wanted to make them right and give her back her happiness. I was willing to do anything just for her forgiveness.

I would offer my every breath to her, just to have her beside me, to hold me close. I would do anything to keep her happy, I won't ever make her sad anymore.

She was my redemption and I have no intention of breaking her apart and leaving both of us to suffer... again.

"Are you even listening, Roy? I am talking to you." Garnet said with a frown over her face, dragging me from my thoughts where she is at the center of attention.

"Mr Layne." She called me again.

This time, I frowned at the name and looked at her with a bored look, giving her my attention finally.

She smiled cutely and continued, "Good. Now you are listening." She said happily.

"What is it?" I asked, getting up from my chair and taking a sip of my coffee while looking out of the window.

"I said I am going out with Lucien. I have done all my work. I have completed all these files and have given you your schedule, your coffee and I have put all those files that need your sign there. So can I go?" She asked sweetly while speaking her words hurriedly.

Somehow the fact that she was going out with Lucien pricked my heart and I wanted to stop her but I knew it was not a good idea.

'I forgot.. She was his girlfriend- not mine...'

I couldn't force myself upon her like before. I didn't have any rights and all I could do was to let her live her life.

"Is it a date?" I asked, turning to her.

"Yeah." She trailed off, looking down with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Aren't you happy about it?" I said, walking towards her.

She kept looking down while hugging her side with a faltered smile and sorrow over her face.

"Garnet, I am talking to you." I asked softly, standing in front of her.

She forced a smile and said cheerfully even though a tear pricked in the corner of her eyes, "Yes, I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"At least don't lie to me, Garnet." I said in a low gentle voice. She kept up her fake smile and teased,

"Are you jealous?" Yes. Stay with me. She kept looking adorable.

I just lowered my head and felt what she should have felt when I refused to tell her what I was feeling. A hollow smile formed over my lips as I pinched her cheeks.

"Take care. I just want you to be happy." I said without looking up.

"Thanks!" She said and left.

After she left, I could feel that tingling sensation of pain in my heart. It made my heart ache to see her going with someone other than me.

I didn't understand what happened to me but I knew one thing, I wanted her.

But it apparently seems impossible because she 'loved' me.

But, back then if she loved me then why did she agree to be in a relationship with Lucien and now why are they continuing their relationship?

Perhaps Lucien forced her to be with her?

"You let him, dammit..." I muttered.

I should have told Lucien that I wanted her back when I had the time.

'Urgh! I am thinking like this because she is not mine and it hurts to see her with someone else.'

"She is happy with him. That is all that matters." I scold myself for thinking like that. I cannot force her to be with me and become my redemption.

She has rights to live her life the way she wants, who am I to interfere?

"Snap out of it, dammit." I sighed.

I knew none of their consolation gave me any tranquility because no matter how much I try I cannot hide the fact that I am jealous of Lucien to have the honor of having her as his.

"Why him but not me?"

He had everything but I never envy him but now to see him with someone I love, it made me envious.

It made me feel like I was burning. I can't think like that. He is my brother and has done a lot for me. I won't let this get to my heart.

"I just need to focus on my apology, maybe my devotion could win her heart. Maybe then she will realize." I said, smiling to myself but suddenly realized I haven't given Garnet a rose today.

Ever since then, I gave her a white rose from my garden everyday. I gave her what is close to my heart; my precious so that she could realize that she is my precious, close to my heart.

I took the rose to see her off, I ran and went to her cabin but she was nowhere and I felt disheartened.

"Dammit..."

I grit my teeth and lowered my head, clutching the rose in my hand tightly, I was late... again.

"You know, Mr Layne. I was wondering where my rose was." She mumbled walking to me from behind with a smile. My face lit up in happiness when I saw her.

"You're still here."

"For my rose."

She smiled and stood in front of me motioning me to tug it behind her ear like I always do. I smiled widely and tugged it behind her ear.

"Perfect," I whispered, lost in mesmerization.

"You know rumors are spreading about us." She whispered, poking my chest, moving me back. I want these rumors to become reality.

"Let them talk." I replied because I want them to, talk about us, say we look like a couple as if we are made for each other. That she would leave Lucien for me.

Why was I getting desperate?

"Do you want to hear what I heard?" She asked, curling her lips.

"What?"

"That my love will drown you." She chuckled, shaking her head.

"Silly."

Mumbling she walked away after bidding me bye but I remained still, trying to register her words because if you ask me, they were true.

After she left, I grinned like crazy as if no words could make me happier than this- Yes, your love drowned me.

I ran my hand in my hair and let out a chuckle.

"When you know then why are you not mine?" I asked, looking in the direction where she left.

I sighed and quickly finished my work and went to Garnet's place.

Gosh I love going there, my solace resides there, my heart lies there then how I resist myself.

Work can go fuck itself. Just kidding, I- I need to work. I have to go back to work.