22- A White Rose

GARNET

I tried my best to stay away from Mr Layne as much as I could after the encounter.

I had no idea he could go this far. What did I do wrong in the first place?

He convulsed my very soul in anticipation of fright and then suddenly changed and began to emerge with unrequired compassion.

He was an unbearable man, forging the inability of being explored- why the hell would I explore in the first place?

"Huff, Stop it, Garnet."

I shook my head and knocked on the devil's gate. I put up a stoic front.

"Sir, we have a meeting in MovenPick with Mr Dale." I said coldly, putting the files on the table.

"Okay." He hummed and tapped his finger on the table. I turned and left without looking at him.

I went to my cabin and saw a white rose on my table. There was no note, just the flower.

A smile crept upon my lips when I saw it. Since I had nothing to do, I began to twirl the flower in my hand.

'Who is that kind to give me such a graceful rose?'

It had no thorns so I tugged in my ear and giggled and took a picture.

I let out a long breath, using my phone to pass some time until Mr Layne came.

"Let's go, Garnet." Mr Layne entered and looked at me staggeringly.

"Yes, Sir." I stood up and got my stuff but he kept looking at me with a keen gaze which halted my steps.

"Mr Layne?" I called him to drag him from his thoughts. He blinked and took a step closer.

"We are going for a meeting, Ms Beth." He trailed off and stood in front of me. I stared at him timidly by his approaching steps.

What have I done now?

I shivered when he looked down at me and brought his hand close to my face. I shut my eyes because the previous encounter still trembled my inches.

"Sir, please." I whispered but he merely completed his sentence.

"...Not on a date."

He completed his sentence in his usual deep voice while taking out the rose I tugged.

"Oh." I quickly took a step back when he held the rose, scanning it.

"I am sorry, Sir. I didn't notice. It was on my table." I said hurriedly, averting my gaze from his profound one.

He was serene more than amused right now.

"I see..." He took a step closer and brushed the rose on the side of my face.

Lifting my nervous glance, I met his deep one, lost in dread of those unfathomable eyes.

"Can I have it back?"

A shiver went down and traveled to my core. My heart began to race at his action, at his smile of relief but it couldn't last long when he brushed the petals over my lips.

"And who is that kind to give you this?" He asked, tapping the rose over my lips causing me to freeze. What a desirable gesture.

The way he is tapping it slowly over my lips causes me to lose my strength, to immerse myself in his arena.

"I don't know, Sir."

He let out a disastrous smile and gave it a last tap over my nose cutely and pulled away with the rose in his hands leaving me startled and bewildered at the same time.

"Sir, um, My Rose?" I asked, looking over from his shoulder, he swirled it around his finger.

"What do you think of it? Did you like it?" He asked.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head.

"An honest opinion about it?" He asked, not parting his gaze from mine.

"It's beautiful. I wonder who is kind enough to give me this." I responded honestly, parting his eyes from mine, he looked at the rose and smiled faintly.

"Kind, hmm? Or perhaps a ruthless piece of flesh." Mumbling, he cleared his throat.

"Excuse me?"

"Let's Go." I swallowed and nodded as we left.

The drive was silent, I didn't dare to speak. Impotent by his dominance which sealed my lips because our conversations were not worth anything anyways.

When we reached our place, the meeting went well. After the meeting, everyone was lost in their own world, talking, drinking and doing stuff.

I just followed Mr Layne's trails, not knowing what to do.

"Don't follow me." Mr Layne said irritatedly.

"But what-"

"I don't care. Go away." He shrugged, motioning me to leave.

I pouted and left with a deep frown plastered over my lips. I drank a glass of water and began to talk with a random person.

And the fact that the person I was just talking to was a 'male' Mr Layne's possessive behavior got the best of him.

I just don't understand him sometimes.

What does he truly want from me?

"Ms Beth." He called.

"Yes, Sir?" I asked, turning to him.

"We are leaving." He ordered.

"Okay." I nodded and bid goodbye to the person and went with Mr Layne.

We were going back in silence which was so good but he decided to break it as he said, "Stop talking to every second person you meet."

He scolded me like I was a child. I looked at him in disbelief, not apprehending his demeanor at this point.

"What is your problem Mr Layne? You can't control my life. I can talk to whoever I want, do whatever I want." I hissed furiously. He was the one who told me to go away.

He stopped the car, I jerked up at the sudden movement. I continued to glare at him but he moved close. All I can feel is the rage building inside me because of him.

A sinful smirk appeared on his aesthetic face as he said in a low vehement tone, "My problem is You... and my dear, Garnet, your life belongs to me since the moment we met. Do not forget it."

He smiled. I gritted my teeth and closed my arms at my chest.

"Why? Who am I to you? Beyond a physical attraction huh?" I asked, staring back into his jovial gaze.

He let out an inaudible chuckle and whispered in my ears, "A very important possession."

My back arch at his hot minty breath on my neck but controlling the sensation, I scoffed, making it clear, "I am not anyone's possession."

"We will see about it." He hummed, not wanting to argue and sighed loudly, showing my frustration, not bothering to pay attention to him.

I looked out of the window, he didn't argue and continued the drive, being kind enough to drop me at my place.