17- Unique Crystal

Rumors of me being arrogant and rude spread in the office and all I could do was to remain silent because I couldn't give any justification.

I was stuck in a very undesirable situation with no hopes of liberation. It was like I was on a wall and in front of me was a demon from my past and behind me was a fire of vengeance and both of them were fierce and I felt so vulnerable.

'Did Lucien tell Mr Layne about me?'

I shuddered, no if he did Mr Layne will never miss the opportunity to make a show of my scars or taunt me about them endlessly. He would even fire me as well.

I sighed and pulled my hair in frustration but thankfully to break that stress, a knock appeared on the door.

"Come in." I said and cleared my throat when Jasper; Our Director of Finance came.

"Ms Beth, You asked me to stop the aid of Hydra Malls. I need to discuss it with you." I nodded and got up from my seat.

We sat on the chairs in the corner of my cabin and were discussing it.

"-But it can affect both of us." Jasper said. I raised an eyebrow and he continued.

"Even without the fixed payment, they are willing to pay in installments. Besides, they still have great sales of our product and stopping our shipment can affect both of us. "

"It's Mr Layne's decision. It has nothing to do with me." I shrugged.

"Talk to him about it, I can't do anything."

"I see, Well, I will talk to him then." He smiled.

"By the way, are you free tonight?"

"Yeah. Why?" I smiled.

"Some of us colleagues are going out.. Wanna come?" He offered. I cannot talk during work but I surely can after work.

"When and where?" I asked excitedly as he told me the time and place.

"I will be there." I agreed hastily. He smiled widely and lowered his gaze.

"Okay then. I am looking forward to seeing you there." He then looked at me and joked, "That might change the way others think about you."

"Oh? Tell me. I am interested to know." I chuckled, smirking a little.

"Leave it, they are just jealous. But I admire your dedication to your work." I have no other choice.

"Thanks." A short silence came and I decided to break it as I asked.

"Jasper."

"Hmm?" He said, looking through some papers.

"Did your contract-"

I was curious to know what his contract state or does he have one in the first place but then Devil came, looking at his phone and opened the door as if he was entering his room,

"Garnet, I am leaving. Come with me, I will-"

He stopped when he raised his gaze and looked at me and Jasper. He put his phone back in his pocket and raised an eyebrow with a glint of something dark yet strange.

We both stood up, I felt awkward by the stare of Jasper after hearing Mr Layne calling me so informally.

"What brings you here, Mr Flynn?" His stern resonance came.

"He was here to discuss about terminating our contract with Hydra." I said coldly, closing my arms at my chest. I looked at Jasper and smiled.

"See you tonight, Jasper."