41- Desires

"....How come you are a heartbreaker when you are heartbroken yourself?"

And that was it, all it took was this sentence to break him apart, to scatter him. My statement broke his heart.

I asked sadly as a tear fell from his eyes. He was on the verge of a breakdown. He couldn't bear it anymore.

"You are truly a trivial man who was escaping his darkness behind this frontage but do pray tell, Roy, was it worth it?" I asked, pitying his state.

What led him to this point? What caused him to close his identity?

I moved my hand and held his collar not leaving my eyes from him, filled with in-depth emotions of compassion.

"Stop it, please."

The file fell from his hand and fell on the ground, indicating his posture was broken. He couldn't take it.

"Why? I believe you must be aware of it. Then why is it breaking your heart?" I asked softly but he couldn't reply anymore.

Holding me arms, he moved me to his desk, nuzzling to my neck, holding my waist, emerging immense sadness, refusing to release me for liberating the words he couldn't.

"Roy...?" I called him hesitantly, unsure what to do.

"Please..." He whispered desperately, shutting his eyes briefly.

I wrapped my arms around him and welcomed his warmth, letting him take this agony out because I know how much it hurts to not be able to burst your feelings.

"It's not me. I am not not him. I can be anything but I can't be him. It's not me. I can never be. I swear." He whispered desperately.

Hugging me tightly, holding his tears back. I ran my hands in his hairs and replied softly, "You can still fix it.. "

"How and who?" He asked in a croaked voice.

"My Father. I want to eliminate this, I would rather die than to be him, stop me from converting into him. Please stop me."

He was begging me. The notorious, top-notch man, the unbreakable, was begging me to save him from himself.

I slowly pulled away and pointed at his heart, "Do what your heart tells you.. " I suggested tenderly.

He sniffed and held my hand and kissed them. I was shocked at his display of affection and dread, I didn't expect this extreme reaction.

"I am not him.."

I cupped his cheek and passed him a smile, hoping it could reassure him but to no avail, a deep terror had sheltered in his soul.

And even after trying that much, a tear rolled down his cheeks, followed by an uncontrollable stream of them. He broke.

Before my eyes, Roy Layne lost the war within himself and burst into a sob while holding me desperately.

"Stop it, please!"

His sobs, which showed his anguish along with quivering lips, showing the true child residing in this ruthless man. He was haunted by memories.

"I don't want to become this. I don't want any of this, I don't want this life. I can't take it." He cried, refusing to let me go, tears glistening on his beautiful face.

"It's murdering my emotions, my own self day by day and I can't stop it, Garnet. I want to but this is getting out of hand, please do something about it. Please make it stop." He wailed.

Lowering his head in inexplicable lamentation. I wiped his tears as he kept looking at me with those teary eyes and senseless posture.

'I know absolutely nothing why, stranger, I feel hurt?' I thought, tears brimming in my eyes.

The sound of his sobs was becoming unbearable, I didn't know what bond I had with him but at this moment, I found mine.

"It's okay Roy. All sorrows have a halt." I assured him, caressing his cheeks.

"I have been searching for it for 25 years of my life, where is it?" He asked breathlessly, sniffling, wiping his cheeks to end those tears but to no avail.

I leaned in and replied in a whisper, forcing a trembling smile.

"...You will surely find it one day."

I found mine and I pray you could find yours too.

His grip around me tightened as he looked at me with the extremity of his agony. His eyes bore into mine and turned me oblivious of the other things around us.

"Please don't leave me. Don't give up on me. Don't leave me how Mother did..."

She.. left him?

He leaned in panting heavily, tears glistening on both of our faces. Our heartbeat becomes fast by each passing second wanting to stare endlessly at each other.

"Don't be dolorous from life, Roy."

He adores his mother and I didn't want to make any wrong comments so I avoided that.

Our suffering met and became one for a second as I could see nothing but him.

"Don't halt your life yet."

Find me as your meaning behind your existence. You know what I do to you. Am I still just a personal assistant?

"You have a whole meaning ahead." I didn't want to hurt him further so I focused on consoling him.

My heart skipped a beat when his one hand pulled me close as our lower body met while his other hand held my neck, eyes barely opened, locking our bodies.

"Find it."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as my lips slightly parted when his face was so close to mine and for a second I found myself in him.

"How, Garnet? How?"

In his hopeless question, A strange temptation blind us, wanting to feel nothing but each other. I wiped his tears slowly, hesitantly meeting his world.

Our lips brushed, he gulped and immobilized before the collision of the answers he seeks but wasn't accepting it.

Our loud breaths mixed up and stirred our mind in seduction.

I slowly closed my eyes, letting myself to feel the delicacy of his lips but he was still over my lips.

Not moving further or taking a step back, like he was waiting for me to show him what he should do.

Losing my senses in the desire to feel him I moved my hands to his neck and whispered,

"Roy, Do what your heart seeks."

To which he shared his darkest desire; what he never accepted before immediately.

"It wants you... "