88- Strange Letter

PRESENT.

"Yes. I became heartless as the times passed, when I met you, but somewhere in that emotionless being a kid resides which is afraid of being saved... just like you said. But then I found you and my life suddenly started making sense."

My heart felt light, I felt tranquilized after telling her everything about me as if a heavy weight on my chest had been lifted.

"You introduced me to my own self and that's why I was afraid, I didn't want to be locked in darkness again and ended up pushing us away."

I whispered and looked at her. She smiled and kissed my forehead and rested her forehead against mine.

"I will never leave you. You have spent countless nights in darkness, Roy. It's time to see the light. I will be your guide. I will hold your hand and never let you go, I will become your serenity. We will be together. Always."

She promised with tears streaming down our faces.

Glimmering under the moonlight, our heart beat in a mystic rhythm, we were breathless. Tears showed our misery, losing our senses in the strange seduction of night and misery, I whispered desperately,

"Promise?" She moved down and held my hands and she kissed them.

"I promise on my life." She whispered back.

Not being able to bear this anymore, I hugged her and broke into sobs, "I love you, Garnet.. I love you so much." I cried.

She sniffed and tried her best to not cry, rubbing my back trying to soothe me.

"I love you too Roy. You are my everything." She whispered. I nuzzled her neck and she kept pacifying me.

Her presence calms the ravage of years in my heart. Her voice gave me the melody I was dying to listen to. Her love showed me my path I was searching for years.

She was my everything and I wanted no one but her, she was the one. My love, My life.

I slowly pulled and wiped my tears. I looked at her and we both smiled. Her arms are still around my neck. I also cupped her cheek and pulled her close to me. I moved her close and kissed her forehead.

She smiled widely and did the same.

"You are mine." She said, "And you are mine." I replied. She giggled and stood up.

"Well, wear your shirt, My handsome boyfriend." She said, I chuckled and stood up.

"Don't you like looking at me like this?" I asked, wearing my shirt.

"I don't want anyone to see that glorious body." She winked. My heart felt so content that I could barely control my happiness.

It felt so surreal, that I had finally found my destination and my journey of hardship and thirst finally ended. I brushed my nose against her and she said,

"Also, Drop me home. I need to go." She said- ordered.

"As you wish, Milady." I said bowing a little.

She chuckled and pinched my cheek with so much force that it left a tingling sensation of pain in my cheeks.

"They are so soft. Mine are not like that." She mumbled.

"Let me check." I smirked, pinching her cheeks the same way as she winced.

"Mutual feelings." I chuckled and took the jar and the letter. She puffed and I just laughed.

I then dropped her at home and she left saying, "Good Night."

"Night." I said.

She sighed and pecked my cheeks and said, "Don't forget to read the letter." She smiled.

"Tell me now." I said.

"I am leaving." She chuckled a little and moved back. I chuckled as well, thinking she might be joking and left.

I went home, all too blithe, not being able to control my happiness inside me.

"Where's Mother?" I asked Lucien happily who seemed perturbed, deep in thoughts while twirling his phone around his fingers- I have no idea how he did it.

"She is sleeping... why?" He asked, perplexed. I just hugged him and grinned excitedly.

"Garnet and I are officially dating now." I announced, filled with extreme happiness.

"Wow, Congratulations, Man. Good for you." Lucien grinned back, hugging me back.

I grinned and showed him the jar of cookies, "My girlfriend made them for me." I winked.

"Maybe she made it for her mother-in-law to impress her. Knowing you, you might be dying to take the next step, I can imagine you rushing into marriage." Lucien joked.

"Now that's a possibility. I can do that." I laughed.

"By the way, no hard feelings, hmm?" Lucien added, flashing a smile.

"Of course not." I smiled. I could never be angry with him. I am his world, he could do anything for me after all.

I then went to my room, wore my trousers and went to sleep even though I can barely sleep because of the rapture but somehow I managed to sleep.

The next morning, the only thing on my mind was to read her letter, I got up freshened up and took out her letter and began to read it.

My Dear Roy,

The time you will be reading this, I won't be here. I don't know when I will return but I know that I will miss you with each passing moment but I promise I will be back.

The main reason I am writing it is to tell you this:

Roy, I want to tell you how your smile calms the screams of my heart and my chaos moves in sync with yours and turns into something memorable; etched in our minds while singing the songs of love, pulling us close and letting us become one.

To be honest, I am sleepy and worried what you will think after knowing my past so I honestly don't know what I am writing and probably wouldn't bother to proofread either.

Sorry, I know I am lazy.

Where was I? Yeah, You may have given me a white rose but it paints my heart with many vivid colors. My eyes reside in yours and when you are here then there is nowhere other than you.

I want to thank you for giving me the honor of calling you as mine.

Roy, I want to tell you, My heart is with you and will always be. I am still where I left you, you found my lost self. Thank you and I wanted to tell you before going, (I hope I have told you if not then read it.)

I love you. I love you! I LOVE YOU ROY!

Garnet.

I don't know whether I should be happy about the letter or worried that she said that she won't be here anymore but for how long?

"You forgot to mention when you will be back!"

I gulped as my heart skipped a beat in dread. My hands turned cold, what does she mean? She can't leave me. I cannot imagine my life without her.

After showing me the most mesmerizing night of my life, she can't leave me at that place where I am too close to my tranquility. She is my everything, without her, I will remain as an empty vessel.

My lips began to quiver, I also found something else in the envelope which stiffed me and caused my doubt to turn into belief.

There is a white rose and the coin I gave her.

The coin I gave her and she promised to give it back to me on the day it all will end. I cannot let it end like this.

"No, No, you cannot leave."

I took the keys of my car, my phone and left. I asked Lucien to find out if any flight had been booked by Garnet and it turns out it was. Is she leaving me? Is she testing me?

My heart was about to leap out of my chest and after knowing about her flight, I rushed to the airport.

Please don't do this to me.