92- The Meeting

I chuckled and felt as if I had received an eternal source of rapture, a never ending feeling of tranquility, the end of my journey.

A beautiful meaning of this meaningless life.

"Get ready." Roy grinned excitedly, pulling away, he was looking forward to something I didn't know about.

"Why? I have just returned. Is there something else left?" I asked, turning to him, tilting my head in confusion.

"I told you, I will not go and tell Mother about you alone. We will go together. Get ready." He beamed. My jaw dropped as I shook my head no.

"Why?" He asked with a perfectly raised eyebrow.

"What she doesn't like about me? What if I am not up to your standards- what I am not but still there's so much difference between us. What if-"

Before I could ramble on further in anxiety, Roy put his index finger over my lips.

"Shh. There's nothing to worry about. I am with you. You just get ready." He assured me. I gave him a timid look and nodded.

I took a shower and walked out in my towel and saw Roy sitting on my bed using his phone. I blushed furiously and yelled,

"What the hell, Roy!? Get out!" He turned to look at me.

A smirk crept upon his lips, his eyes scanned me from top to bottom, increasing my heartbeat.

"Stop gawking!" I stuttered under his sharp gaze, looking at me with that ravish look.

"Nice body, love." He winked, turning back to his phone.

"Leave Roy. I need to change." I told him.

He sighed and stood up, "Okay.. I am waiting outside."

He paused and glanced over his shoulder with a playful smirk, "I have seen 'every' inch of his sexy body anyways."

After he walked out. I took a deep breath and put my hand over my chest to calm my racing heartbeat along with a smile over my lips.

I heaved and wore a matching maroon frock with full sleeves, I applied a little makeup and let my hair fall on my back.

I smiled and seemed satisfied with my looks. I walked out and saw Roy looking at mine and Eri's pictures with a sad smile over his face.

"Roy.." I called him.

He turned to me and smiled, "Looking gorgeous, even more when we are wearing the same color." He complimented me, scanning me constantly.

"Thanks." I mumbled sheepishly.

"Shall we go?" He asked, grabbing his phone and keys from the table.

"Yes." I breathed out from nervousness and we left.

During the drive, my hands were cold as ice. My legs were shaking due to distress building inside of me, stirring my mind. I was feeling so scared and tense but Roy didn't seem affected by this.

"Roy." I called him with a glint of fear.

"Hmm."

"Do you think it's a good idea? I mean-"

I was vexed, I didn't have a track of good records of interactions with him before his Mother.

"Garnet, you are my choice and I don't think I will be happy as much as I am with you. I love you and don't want anyone else in my life. If not you then no one." He tried his best to reassure me.

"But, Don't you think it's a bit early."

"It's not like we are going to marry tomorrow, Garnet. Calm down." He said with a smile. I hesitantly nodded and remained silent.