18- Drunk Night

Fucking Hypocrite. Just how unbreakable his facades are. And what took over me? What the hell did I just do?

The guy who wanted revenge from me and made me miserable, I wanted to leave him in his ravage too. His tears were not my concern.

What happened to him was not my concern, I don't give a damn about him.

'But, then why did you see your reflection in his tears?'

A voice came from inside me as I stiffed and my grip around my glass of juice tightened.

"I did not." A smooth fake consolation to my heart.

I was in the club with the second war against myself and not let myself lose in any intoxicating stuff. However, I badly wanted to drink but stopped myself.

One drink wouldn't hurt, right?

I swallowed hard and lowered my head. I was so lost in Mr Layne's despair that I forgot about mine.

Clubs, it held nothing but a test of patience for me.

"You okay?" Jasper asked and since I had already lost my cognition, I began to spout nonsense.

"How odd it is to find yourself in someone else's eyes, isn't it?" I asked, staring at my drink sadly.

"Maybe because that person is the only one who can understand you, the only one for you." He chuckled nervously.

I laughed emptily and replied, "Those eyes which are the same as yours are nothing but a curse. Who would want to reach the same miserable point again?"

"This makes the journey more memorable." He said, leaning in. I turned to him as my smile faded followed by a clench in my chest.

"Not all memorable journeys are beautiful." I muttered, gritting my teeth.

"Suffering is assured in love, they say." Jasper laughed, trying to reassure me but it didn't help.

There's nothing in between and will never be.

"It is not a journey of love where one can bore everything for the sake of the destination. Pain is beautiful when you are in love not when-" I scoffed, pausing for a moment.

"Not when...?" He curiously waited for my response. Sighing, I looked down, completing my words.

"Not when it is nothing but a game of revenge."

"What? Revenge? Is everything alright?" He asked, confused, concerned.

"Nothing."

I shook my head and went to the dance floor to clear my mind. I danced for a while and talked to a few of my workmates. It was nice talking to them but soon I felt tired and sat back on the bar.

I closed my eyes and smiled, feeling light hearted, indulging in this time, in my reprieve but then I heard someone's voice.

Why did he have to break my peace every damn time?

"There was darkness, Lucien, everywhere and I cried but no one came! I was crying, I called you guys. Mr Layne never let any of you come... That man is a fucking monster!"

My breath hitched when the familiar deep tone coated in anguish reached me. He slammed a glass on the counter, making me gasp inaudibly to hear it from him.

"He will never let us leave, I can't leave. I want to leave. I was called a ruthless piece of flesh all because of him too. Is that me, Brother? No, it's not me. I am not ruthless. Why doesn't she understand?"

Why does my perspective matter this much in the first place? Who am I to you?

My grip on my glass tightened, unsure whether to show him my face or not.