79- Mocked Love

...I have seen the shadow of despair casted by your glimmering eyes...

"Why... Garnet...?" Fuck, fuck, did he hear everything?

Roy's voice came out broken and filled with pain. We both felt stiff when we heard his voice. I hesitantly turned to look at him.

He had tears in his eyes. He was broken beyond repair filled with grief and repentance.

I kept looking at him with my watery gaze, not being able to say anything just staring into his eyes which held dismay in them and an unwanted anger.

"Roy...?" I whispered and stood up.

My lips began to quiver, my whole being began to shake uncontrollably and I felt extremely tensed by the tension in the air.

Lucien was shocked, I was worried and Roy was broken.

"Why?" He asked in a whisper.

I narrowed my eyes and lowered my head with my heart being torn apart just by looking at him like this.

He walked to me and held my arms. He made me look at him, his tears glistening eyes bore into my shattered one.

"I am sorry but I know you need a reminder, a lesson. You needed your heart to get shattered in order to learn." I breathed out in a whisper.

"I am asking, why didn't you let me be ruined, Garnet? Why did you protect me? I was not a worthy or good partner in the first place." He asked. I shivered violently as my breath hitched.

"You could have talked to me about it. I am neither a kid who needs someone's guidance nor I am that broken who wants your sympathy. I needed your love, you. " He whispered in a low voice.

"I did but it was too late and you know it. " I whispered again, talking about my confession at the party.

"What do you think of me Garnet? What am I to you? A toy which you can hold in your palm and twist my emotions however 'you' want them to? Is that what I am?" At one point- yes. He asked in a broken tone, pushing me away, devastated.

I had no response so I did what most humans do when they were out properly replied- I raised my voice and started crying.

"Enough, Roy!" I sobbed.

"Garnet, I have loved you. I was willing to do anything for you. You could have talked to me about it. But, You just neglect my love. All because of the deal, for this you decline me. Do you think I wouldn't believe in you? Why did you remain silent?" He continued in a hopeless rush of anguish, disappointed.

He was disappointed because he gave all his emotions, his sincerity at this point and I was merely molding them into however I desired.

"That's not true Roy. I was just scared t-to see your devastation."

"I have told you; you make my every devastation beautiful yet still... If you were at my side I would happily go to the depth of misery with you but sadly you don't feel the same."

Stunned by his words, heartbreak filled me up and I wasn't able to say anything. He was truly emotionally weak and I don't know what to do.

I was right after all. It broke him.

"I think it's my punishment for toying with other women. I understand now how they must have felt after being toyed. I guess this is my punishment."

Roy looked at me with his teary gaze, flickering with betrayal, undesirable detest and sorrow. The feeling of distress caused by the disappointment I gave him made him suffer a lot.