39- Player

"Erica, from today we are going to start our lives anew. I know it would be difficult to settle in the new place. I know you are going to miss that place too but don't worry we will pay a visit every Sunday. You have to leave the orphanage one day but don't worry, I am with you." I explained, holding Erica's hand while smiling widely at her.

Her smile grew wide as she replied, "I know. You are with me, I am not afraid. When you are here I will be fine."

I ruffled her hair and stood up.

She then bid her goodbye to everyone and we left for our new home.

"Welcome to our new home." I said, showing her our apartment.

"It's beautiful!"

She exclaimed in awe and looked around. I then showed her our rooms.

"The right one is mine and the left one is yours. "

"There's a garden too, Nut! Although there are no flowers but those tiny plants look beautiful." She said excitedly.

I chuckled and walked behind her.

"There is." I said and took her with me. We stood in the corner as there was the only flower plant of the garden; white rose.

"Wow! Can I pluck it?" she asked, looking at the rose which recently grew there. I patted her head and shook my head no.

"Why?" She frowned.

"Because she is growing it to pay it back." Lesley's voice came from behind.

Erica quickly hugged her and Lesley rubbed her back, "Welcome sweetie. I brought something to eat." Lesley said. I smiled looking at them.

"By the way, this flower is from whom?" Eri asked, curiosity bursting from her.

"Just someone." Lesley said rudely, rolling her eyes off. I smiled and looked at the flower and said softly, "Maybe to see how a ruthless piece of flesh would react."

Lesley laughed at my words and shook her hands in the air,

"She is just kidding. No one can tame an animal."

I looked at her In irk and she continued speaking the painful fact, "You cannot break stone."

"Don't forget, Lesley, there is something else that resides hidden deep inside those layers and breaking leaves him vulnerable- Ah, how exhilarating."

She scoffed at my unforeseen statement which left my lips without realization.

"Delusions." She said and Eri said confounded,

"What are you guys talking about?"

We both shook our heads and replied to Erica with 'Nothing' and went inside and spent the day, showing Eri her stuff, watching movies and all.

The day went great and I feel rejoiced because we are starting a life of our own and affording my sister expenses, being someone she can count on.

Since Erica wants to sleep with me tonight so the next morning I woke up by her being enthusiastic about me going to work.

I yawned and wiped my moist eyes, at the verge of collapsing into a peaceful sleep again but she has no intentions of letting me. I groggily forced myself to get out of the bed and freshened up.

Since I have learned a little about how to cook and am in no mood for cooking, we just had toast with jam.

I gave her a glass of milk and gave her instructions about what to do and where is all the necessary stuff and told her to divert her mind until I come back home.