49- Such A Loser

I was there standing in front of her and she was crying on the ground. Gaining attention, sobbing so badly that I couldn't move an inch.

'Please don't cry. You are hurting me.'

My body... It was trembling but I couldn't move and then I realized-

'When I can't help my own self, how can I comfort others?'

"Stop them, please Sir." She cried, tears streaming across her cheeks.

She didn't call my name when she needed me. Was I that bad? Why don't you hold your hand out to me?

Move dammit. Move. She was there when you needed her and today she needs you!

The people who rushed to her side read those papers and looked at her in disgust and pulled away from her quickly. Everyone backed away from her.

She was there all alone with all those suspicious looks over her. That's why I hate society, ready to judge anyone.

I could not bear them talking like that about her like this. When she is in a state of chaos, they are questioning her. I just hate all of them- including me.

"Enough. This is not a damn drama."

I snatched the papers away from them and tore them off. The least I could do for her.

They knew she killed someone and these scums will not waste a second to spread rumors about it.

She was humiliated.

And I stood there watching it, looking at her sobbing in suffering, disgraced. I witness every second of her ravage with inexplicable pain.

She was crying with her hands over her ears yelling only one word-

"Stop."

'Enough, stop it, please. I couldn't move. I was frightened. I wanted to but my body lost its strength.'

My heart clenched and the only person who rushed to her side and engulfed her in a hug was Jasper. He was where I was supposed to be.

She cried hugging him, holding his shirt, burying her face in his chest. She was in a desperate need of a shoulder to cry on and it was not me.

I just remained motionless, losing my beats. I gulped and blinked with a dried throat. She helped me in my tribulation but I...

I proved she was right when she called me pathetic; I was.

Whispers also began to echo in the room and people kept taking,

"Sir must be here to confront her and she threw this tantrum."

"Who knows that the beautiful assistant turns out to be a killer."

I grit my teeth when I hear it.

"Leave! All of you!" I yelled, glaring at them with tears glistening in my eyes.

They were scared by my sudden anger and left quickly, except me and Jasper, who kept trying to soothe her.

"Stop... please... I don't want to be there anymore."

"Hey, it's alright." Rubbing her back, whispering sweet nothings to her.

My heart was hurting endlessly but my feet were frozen to the ground and I couldn't move. My lips slightly parted, dying to say just a single word to her consolation but no voice came out and my heart was becoming faint.

"What are you doing, Sir?"

Jasper looked at me, motioning me to come in his place and comfort her, still thinking that I am her lover.