57- Envy

Upon hearing this, she stilled and looked at me in disbelief that someone truly managed to invade the boy who was still hiding in the closet.

"No, Roy. Please." She whispered desperately, clinging onto me.

"I know you have been with many women behind my back and I didn't stop you but please don't take away the entitlement of having you as mine from me. Don't leave me."

She broke into a sob, not accepting separation, clutching my shirt tightly between her hands and looking at me in sorrow,

"Please don't..."

She sobbed as her tears began to spill out. I cupped her cheeks and asked softly.

"Don't you want me to be happy? I have never felt this way before. Don't you want me to be liberated?"

"I do. But with me. She can be-" She whispered, looking here and there.

"You are not understanding, Hailey, she is at peak." I prayed she would understand but she didn't.

"Hailey, look at me." I called tenderly.

She was crying, not looking at me. I turned her to me and she was about to kiss me passionately but I pulled away slowly, putting my hand in between.

Don't remove her sensation.

Yes, after Garnet, I couldn't bring myself to get laid with anyone.

"Don't please...."

With a pant, I was about to speak but she put her fingers over my lips.

"Please don't say anything." She pleaded but somewhere in my heart I felt like I needed to tell her.

My grip around her tightened as I leaned in close to her face and let out a low growl.

"My fate must be written along with hers... Or else I won't be able to bear it, Hailey. I will do something to myself if I can't have her." I enunciated, losing my posture, myself.

"Do you love her?" She asked, not believing I would hold such strong feelings for anyone.

I opened my mouth to reply honestly but changed my words.

"I have lost her with my own hands. Don't ask further." And having no strength left, I stood up to leave but she held my hand weakly.

"Please stay for tonight. At least." She whispered, looking down.

I looked at her for a few seconds and nodded as I spent my night at her place, breaking my ties with Hailey.

The next day, I woke up and saw her sleeping next to me- we didn't do anything. I got up and freshened up and was about to wear my shirt but Hailey handed it to me and I kept facing her.

"I haven't seen your back. Not even once. Let me see it." She demanded. I took the shirt from her hands and wore it.

"Why don't you let me see you back? I even tried to see but you just hid it." She mumbled.

I stood in front of the mirror and was about to close the buttons of my shirt but she came and stood in front of me and began to button them,

"What scars could this flawless body hide?" She asked in an empty tone.

I took her hairs in my hand and began to stroke them, speaking in a low voice. The promise I made for myself.

"The first woman after my mother to see my back would be my future wife."

She looked at me with a hint of astonishment and I took a step back, leaving her domain, freeing myself from one shackle at least.

"I apologize for the tears I have given you but I pray all happiness lies before you now. Farewell, Hailey."