47- A Desperate Call

ROY

'What have I done? I am sorry, Garnet...'

I never let any of my girls to even disturb me during my work and I did this with my personal assistant; the woman I want revenge from.

The woman who managed to hurt me in a delicate way.

What the hell just took over me?

At that time, my heart began to seek no one but her.

"Fuck. Stop thinking about it, Roy."

Cursing under my breath, I slammed my hand down.

It would be better if I distance myself from her and solely focus on my revenge. But, Her words of reality showed me what I was trying to deny.

My heart ached.

"Stop it, get out of my mind, leave me...."

I grit my teeth, not wanting to think about it.

But, her skin.. Her body.. Her voice.. Everything was echoing in my mind and I am losing my senses.

I finished my drink in one go. I looked around the bar but my eyes sought no one but her. I need her.

"Roy?"

I drank whiskey continuously, trying to forget about what just happened between us but to no avail.

"Dammit, Roy. She means nothing." Lie.

I shouldn't have done this. But when I am with her it felt like she could understand me, the only woman who could.

It was so difficult to pull myself away from her but it's for the best that I pretend that what happened between us meant nothing to me which is a white lie. Just like she said.

It was such a memorable time of my life, I never felt like that before.

"Are you alright?"

I shuddered and shook my head, trying to get this thought out of my mind.

Not comprehending the sound of her whimpers and soft moans that stirred my mind in temptation.

"Roy-"

"Stop it, Hailey!"

Raising my voice unintentionally, I slapped her hand away, losing my composure.

"Roy...?" She called hesitantly but I didn't know what to do.

"I- I am sorry, Hailey, I.. I uh.. was stressed. I didn't mean to raise my voice. Sorry."

I gulped as Hailey came to me and put her over my chest, looking at me sweetly, cupping my cheek.

"It's alright." She smiled.

"What happened, Roy?" She asked, raising her eyebrow seductively.

"Nothing.. " I muttered, looking away.

"Telling me isn't gonna hurt you." She frowned, moving her hand to my shoulder and moving to my laps.

"My heart skipped a beat. My heart ached, I felt horrible." I said without thinking.

"What? Why?" She asked nervously as I had never shared my emotions with her before.

"Nothing."

Muttering, I curled my hand in a fist, trying to divert my mind from her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and turned her to me, maybe she could help me divert my mind. She smirked and was about to kiss me.

"....How come you are a heartbreaker when you are heartbroken yourself?.."