74- Very Captivating

GARNET

I groaned and hid my face in my hands, feeling so abashed that I kissed his cheek. I didn't mean to, I wasn't supposed to.

I just want to thank him for making this card for me. It was so adorable and that awfully drawn flower is so cute. I just want to thank him for his effort for my forgiveness..

And I end up kissing his cheek.

"What have you done? Stop giving him false hopes." I shook my head, trying not to think about it.

I blushed furiously when I saw that card as my heart fluttered with deep content. I couldn't hold the urge to hug him for doing this inside me and I ended up kissing his cheek.

Ugh! Stop it and focus on work!

"Just a card, just a card." I took a deep breath and began to focus on my work. I tried not to think about it; which was so difficult.

To focus on anything but him.

I took the rose and twirled it between my fingers with a wide smile spread across my lips. I was stuck in a very eerie situation, where I cannot even think about the person I love.

Left with no choice but to date Lucien for Roy's sake.

What kind of awful issues are that?

I sighed and in the evening, I left for home.

On my way back home, I met Hailey. She is a truly nice woman. I met her when I was locked in my home and she came to meet me.

She told me how Roy was after the incident.

We were in a café now and she asked,

"How are you?"

"Fine, You?"

She let out an empty chuckle and replied, "Don't know. Whether I should be angry to love him or happy that I left someone like him, But what can I do about that heart Garnet which loves him?" She asked with her voice becoming croaked.

I lowered my head and wrapped my fingers around my cup of tea, "I know emotions are uncontrollable. It's okay, you cannot force your feelings." I tried to console her, lowering my head.

"He came to me, bent his knees and begged for forgiveness." I smiled.

"He should." She scoffed.

"He.. promised to never let anyone harm me and today.. He gave me this." I showed her the card he made.

She chuckled when she looked at it and gave it back to me. "At least he is happy."

A silence came between us and I could see the heartbreak took over Hailey's face.

"He loves you Garnet. More than anyone. He has never done such things before for a girl. He is willing to do anything for you and I believe you know how much you mean to him."

"I don't know about love but I know I am what he seeks. His peace." She smiled sadly.

"Take care of that pathetic idiot." She said with a laugh which shows her grief.

I looked at her and replied in a croaked voice, "I can't."

"Why?" She asked, "Because at that point of my life where he is mine and I am his but at the same time I can't be his."

"What happened Garnet?" She asked, concerned.

"I am caged by a Monster.." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Did something happen? What are you talking about?" I shook my head and smiled.

"I am sure it all will pass. When two are destined to meet, they will." I whispered, believing that one day, this too shall end.