60- Breaking Façade

He winked at Roy with his silently fatal glance and Roy looked at me with a profound look, like he had lost me but when and how when he never tried?

My heart skipped a beat with his eyes stopped at mine. I swallowed the lump in my throat and Roy asked, "You okay, Miss Beth?"

I nodded, holding Lucien's shirt. Lucien caressed my cheeks and asked softly and I could feel the glare of Roy when Lucien touched me.

"You okay, love?" He asked, glancing at Roy with a challenging smirk.

I smiled and nodded, "Yes, honey." And this boiled his blood more.

Please speak up for once Roy, your one call is enough for me. How stubborn one can be.

"Roy!" Just that time, Hailey came and hugged him.

"I missed you, Roy." She whined.

Roy looked at her and said coldly, "I believe we broke up, Hailey." No big news.

"But we can at least be on good terms." She said hopefully and turned to us. Roy hummed.

"Your assistant, Roy?" Hailey asked from confusion.

"My Girlfriend." Lucien enunciated deliberately just to make Roy furious. He narrowed his eyes at me and I smiled widely.

"Oh, Congratulations, Lucien... And you too." She smiled sweetly at us, I thanked her and after a while, I felt bored and startled, cautious about everything.

I sat on the stool and put my elbow over the counter and sighed deeply in frustration, glancing at his coin, wondering if I should return it or not.

'How are you going to end things, Roy? Please don't go too far.' I prayed deeply.

"I told you to break up with Lucien." Roy hissed from behind, placing his hand across from me, hovering over me furiously.

"I am his woman. Who are you to tell me what?" I muttered, turning to him, enhancing his rage.

"Am I nothing?" He asked desperately, turning to me with widened eyes.

"People fight the world for the one they desire and look at you, pathetic, you cannot even 'ask' your brother." I mocked, curling my lips from one side.

"I will show you tonight." He growled in my ears, he was about to pull away but I called him coldly.

"Roy."

He stopped, staring intensely at my face. SIghing, I looked at him with a compassionate gaze.

"Please don't do something you will regret forever. I may recover but you won't."

His eyes widened for a second, contemplating the depth of my words and when he did, he pulled away gradually from me, not replying with shaky lips.

I got down and was about to leave but Roy held my wrist, I stopped and in that moment, Georgia bumped into me and spilled her drink over me.

"What the hell?!"

I gasped and looked at her outraged. I was saving money for my dress, it probably meant nothing to them but it was expensive for me!

"I am so sorry, Lucien's Girlfriend." She said apologetically. I let out a scowl, "I'll wash it off." I growled and was about to leave but she stopped me.

"Oh, no, it has spilled all over, you should change."

I raised an eyebrow at her but she kept on smiling. "I apologize but you should change."

I tried to make her understand but she insisted and when I finally agreed she smirked darkly at Roy which alarmed me. Roy was only looking down, thinking about my words with a deep frown.