68- Dinner

The next day, Lucien invited me over for dinner, knowing how much Lesley hated it when he came to me.

But I think I do need some to be out so that it could fresh my mind so I accepted it to freshen my mind.

"I am telling you, don't go with him." Lesley sighed.

"And what's so wrong with me? If you recall, I was there when none was." Lucien's voice came from behind, shrugging his shoulders, coming closer.

I looked at him and passed him a smile but Lesley came in between. "Because you blackmailed her." Lesley scoffed,

"And felt bad for it, plus, it would be better if you don't meddle." He smirked at her.

"Are you alright now?" I asked Lucien who turned to me with an arched eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asked, acting as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

"That night... You were... you know. The way you were looking at her." I asked hesitantly, licking my lips in nervousness.

The way he glared at Lesley...

"I was merely triggered back then, Garnet. I believe in taking a step forward not behind so do not vex yourself with needless worries." He chuckled, waving his hand in the air, using his proficient acting as usual.

"If you say so." I hummed.

"And you are an insensitive asshole." She hissed, pointing her finger at him.

"That too, I agree." He chuckled, resting his hand in his pocket.

"Lesley." I called her to stop but she didn't, "And you are not to be believed." She added.

"Why don't you try? I assure you won't regret." He winked. Lesley growled at him and sighing, I moved her out of my way.

"Calm down, he is not going to eat me." I said, patting her back but she refused to accept and rolled her eyes.

"I am glad you agreed to come." His smile grew wider.

"Because she has nothing to do." Lesley added.

"At least she came." Lucien said with that never ending smile.

"I am telling you, I will kill you if you..." She warned,

"If I what-" Lucien's smile almost faded, irritated by her constant words and honestly, I was irritated too by her remarks. Lucien was where no one was.

"Brother Lucien!" Erica came and shook hands with him.

"How's the little princess doing?" He grinned.

"Good. I want to tell you to take care of Nut. Please, this time. Don't make it like before." She said sadly and all of us looked away awkwardly.

"I will." He said, making a pinky swear with her. Erica smiled and said to me,

"Good luck!" I ruffled her hair and turned to puffy Lesley.

"Do you even fulfill your promises?" She mocked.

"If you want me to." He teased her.

She gasped and glared at him, "Go to hell."

"We all surely will. See you there then. I doubt any of us will meet in paradise." He joked and it wiped Lesley's annoyance.

"Repentance is a great deed." She muttered.

"Not for degenerated people like you." Lucien grinned wickedly as Lesley grit her teeth and turned her head away.