93- Condition

As I was lost in my thoughts, unsure what to say she spoke up first in her sweet tone.

"Tea or Coffee?" She asked with a smile. Your son is fighting, woman. Let's go back!

"I am fine." I said tense.

She chuckled and said, "Don't be that nervous. It's okay." She reassured me.

I gave her a nod and she asked, "So, Tea or coffee?"

"No, no, no. I am truly fine." I smiled.

She nodded and asked, "So how did you and Roy fall in love?" I laughed nervously and began to say, "I.. uh." I trailed off.

She smiled sadly and said, "I know about his revenge ordeal and what happened at the party. You can tell me now." I bit my lips and inhaled.

"I understand him, his pain, everything but he kept pushing me away so at the party, I confessed first and that thing happened and after that he stopped pushing me away and when he confessed that he loves me too, I felt blessed... this, that, you know it already.." I choose my words cautiously.

"Why did you reject him?" She asked. Your other son.

"I was scared.. We were so different. At the party, I just suddenly burst out my feelings without thinking..." I sighed.

She nodded and lowered her head, "Did you see his back?" She asked vaguely.

"Yes. He told me everything and that's why I don't want him to be sad anymore." I said sadly.

"Garnet... If you knew everything.. then I should tell you this. " She began to say. I looked at her, waiting for her to continue.

"You should know about him and his Father's ordeal... He is-"

"Ma'am. I don't know about all this but I know one thing; Roy is not him." I declared firmly, remembering how agonized he was when he saw himself as Mr Layne.

"He never was and I will never let him. I am sorry if your husband turned out to be an ass but I won't let Roy become him."

I smiled widely but she didn't seem impressed. Maybe I shouldn't have called her husband an arse.

"You don't know him." She said,

"You don't know him. I get it you love him because he is your son but.. have you seen his desperation? His agony? His tears? I did." I frowned deeply.

"I have seen him, turning into a person he never was and realizing his mistakes. I have seen him cry just because he thought of himself as second Mr Arthur."

I know I should stop, she was his Mother she knew but no.

"I have stopped him before and the power of my love is enough to never let him stray from his path. He wants me to be his guide and I will be his guide." I said deadpanned. She looked at me with a hint of shock but I remained like that.

"Promise me you will always be like this and never leave him." She said desperately.

"I promise. I won't leave him like you did." I smiled. Shit.

She held my hands and smiled widely, "I am so glad he chose you." She said sincerely.

"It wasn't a choice. A game of revenge led us to this point in our lives." I smiled and held her hands tightly.

"Can we go and see Roy? I am getting worried." I sighed, concerned.

"You better not.. until they finish." She said leaning back on her chair I raised an eyebrow and she said in a sorrowful voice.