2- Wrath

GARNET

Just how shameless a person can be? Does respect even cross him? I mean if he got the looks and probably the money, that doesn't mean he can get any woman he likes.

I continued to curse him in my mind as I walked inside Lesley's apartment.

"I swear if you say anything about that, I'll kill you first!" I growled at her. She put her hands in the air.

"Hey, calm down, do you even know who you slapped."

"A spoiled rich brat!" I spat.

"He was the owner of the club." She said,

"So what? That doesn't mean he can do this." I said, shrugging my shoulders in irk.

I ran my hands in my hairs as the scowl on my face indicated Lesley to keep her mouth shut before I commit a murder.

"That bastard ruined my night, making my day more miserable." I scoffed and went to my room and shut the door behind me.

I paced around the room for about a minute and then Lesley began to say from the other side of the door.

"I am amazed that you left him alive." She joked as I hissed.

She laughed and I sighed deeply as I changed into my nightwear, with my night completely destroyed by him.

I shouldn't have listened to Lesley in the first place, I should have stayed at home and been dejected and cried and missed Eri.

But, no, I thought that I could forget about my troubles and let loose but someone has to break this.

I looked at my slightly smudged eyeliner. I touched my cheek and narrowed my eyes.

Why did he wipe them? Why was I crying?

I curled my hands in a fist and lowered my head. I grit my teeth and felt so frustrated and infuriated.

'What deluged you in sorrows?'

His voice echoed in my head as I raised my head and looked at my reflection, my heart beat became feeble.

A strange feeling took over me as I closed my eyes and found my energy to be deprived from me. I sighed to let out my frustration as I was left with the incapability to answer that question which might haunt me in the future.

I found myself losing my energy as I fell into a deep slumber.

The next day, I woke up and took a cold shower to forget about last night. I walked out and wore my clothes.

Since I have an interview at the multi-millionaire company, Layne Enterprises, owning most of the clubs of the city, along with a spectacular ownership over the most 5-star hotels.

I felt nervous, I had a meeting with their boss to be his personal assistant. Just thinking about standing behind that dominating man of business empires, sends shivers down my spine.

I hope I don't lose my confidence.

"You can do this, Garnet. You can do this." I emit deep breaths, looking at the documents required for the interview tomorrow. I clenched and unclenched my hands to calm my anxiety.

I need a good job so that I can stabilize quickly and take Eri with me. I twirl the pencil she gifted me around my finger as a smile crept upon my lips.

'For you.. I'll do it. I have to be strong for her sake, these stupid emotions of lost hope won't do any good.'

I looked through everything and practiced how to talk and what I should say about myself and not. Just when I was doing that, Lesley came, looking gloomy. She plopper herself on the bed and put her hand over her face.

"I told you not to drink much." I said monotonously. She just groaned and turned and curled like a ball.

"I have just made the bed, if you ruin it, you'll set it." I said without looking at her.

"Oh, Come on, I have made your bed A LOT of times, back at school, we shared the room together and you always left without making your bed." A chuckle escaped my lips as I finally lifted my gaze and looked at her.

"Yeah. I guess I can let it slip this time." She tittered and buried her face in the sheets and asked, "What are you doing by the way?"

"Oh, I have been looking through my CV, you know I have an interview tomorrow."

"Urgh! I felt so tired, two holidays can never be enough to rest."

"Who told you to go to the club in the first place?" I said. She whined because she doesn't want to go to work tomorrow. Lesley works in a bank, she has a masters degree in finance. I also have done courses beside my graduation.

"Hey.. Garnet." Lesley called me. I hummed in response as she began to say, "Do you know who you are giving an interview to?"

"Roy Layne. So?" I replied nonchalantly.

"I don't think you should give this interview." She said hesitantly. I looked at her in disbelief as I barked, "What the hell?! Why?! You know I am in a desperate need of money, I need Eri to get out of the orphanage as soon as possible."

"Yeah.. I know that's why." She said timidly.

"Why are you saying this?" I asked.

"Look.. Have you ever seen him... Roy Layne?"

"Not interested. I have to work. Besides, he must be a hotshot out of my league so leave it." I said casually, ignoring what she said right now.

She took a deep breath and said, "Maybe you should Google him." And left. I was left perplexed by her words. I shrugged my shoulders and turned my attention back again to my documents, I'll do it later.

And that later never came.

The next day I went for my interview despite the fact Lesley seemed scared and concerned about me.

I wore a white shirt along with a black pencil skirt and kitten heels. I sighed deeply and sat in the waiting room, feeling intimidated in the 50 floors building I used to watch from afar but now sitting inside it for an interview.

My heart beat fast as I felt nervous, I turned to look at other girls present there. They seemed more beautiful and talented.

I barely doubt that I can get the job since all that matters in this job is looks more than skills for the notorious Casanova. I quickly shook this thought off from my mind and decided to Google him since I forgot.

My eyes widened when I saw that it's the guy I slapped.

I SLAPPED ROY LAYNE!