30- Seduction

GARNET

It's been two months since I have been working here. Thankfully, my life is pretty much on the track thanks to Mr Layne.

He kept his promise and didn't touch me intentionally. He kept his distance and back to the person I used to admire on my very first days.

I was looking at the coin he gave me, staring at it with a smile on my lips, his words providing an unexpected lull to my moments of glum.

"Why are you smiling, Garnet?" Lesley asked, noticing my faze.

"Maybe I am living my reprieve. Thankfully, everything is back. I wonder what he told his brother though." I mumbled looking down, my smile not leaving me.

"What do you think Roy Layne would do?"

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "I don't know. I don't think he can do anything substantially heartbreaking on his own, I hope he won't take help from an asshole. But, The problem is Lucien, He is scary."

A shiver went down my spine when I talked about him.

"That never ending smile is menacing." Lesley added, "He wasn't like this before but who knows what a monster he had become." Lesley continued with a sigh.

"You know him?" I asked in disbelief.

"Of course. We all were together in the Dawn Academy. I understand you don't remember since you got your own shit to solve." She mumbled, staggering me.

"Why is he doing this to me then?" I asked worriedly.

"I have no idea. As I said, I have no idea what a monster he had become." She sighed loudly.

"He had become evil." I sneered and continued, "But, we will see what will happen... "

"I hope you can prevail." I sat up and pointed at my chest, where I had my still visible cuts and smiled sadly.

"I have bore this, others meant nothing. No matter what these two can do, it cannot be worse than the one I suffered."

She didn't say anything and pulled me in a hug. "It all will pass, me and Erica are with you." She assured me.

I hugged her back and whispered, "I know.. "

After talking for a while we both went to our respective rooms and went to sleep.

The next day, "Lesley!" I called her. We both were getting ready for work, "Yeah?" Her voice came from her room.

"Where is my red shirt?" I asked, looking for it all over the place but couldn't find it.

"Dunno. Maybe in the laundry." I sighed and went back to my room.

I then wore a white shirt over my black skirt which reached my thighs. "I wanted to wear that red shirt with it, they both give the dress a sexy look." I muttered.

"Shut up, you are going to work not to seduce your Boss." She chuckled, winking at me.

"But, It suits me so well. And not Boss but could be anyone. Am I not allowed to date huh?" I clicked my tongue at her, setting my dress.

I just combed my hair and let them fall behind my back, pinning them. I wore my watch and applied a little makeup. I took my bag and left before Lesley because my workplace is far from her apartment.

I reached there and put down my stuff. I greeted Mr Layne and others and did my usual routine.

Soon, it was lunch break since I wasn't hungry, I just bought coffee and was drinking it while leaning on the wall, lost in thoughts but then Jasper came.