15- Threat

We both got out and Mr Layne wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt distressed by his iron grip on my waist but taking a deep breath and we walked inside.

I put on a decent smile, still impotent to comprehend; Why the hell was I here?

"Roy!" A soft voice of Georgia was called as she rushed and hugged him, pushing me out of the way instantly.

"Oh, Lucien's girlfriend, you're here too?" She smiled at me, waving her hand. My heart felt strange when she called me that. Why did she call me that anyways?

"Georgia. She is 'not' his girlfriend. She is 'my' personal assistant." Mr Layne told her and God how he emphasizes on 'my' was oddly enticing.

"Then why is she here?" She asked, putting her hand on her waist, frowning.

"She is my partner for tonight." He smirked, holding his hand and pulling me closer, causing me to stiff and stand like a robot with no expression.

"Oh, Well, who can stop you? Good luck~" Georgia winked at me, also waving her hand at me, I was startled by her actions. My soul can feel it, he had ominous plans hidden in him for me.

He then introduced me to a few people as 'his partner'. His hand was glued to my waist and no matter how much I tried, his fingers latched to my waist in place of a shackle.

But I noticed one thing, the way he talked, it was so polite and bewitching. He could make anyone do anything for him on the snap of his fingers.

If I wasn't miserable that day, I would have blindly given into him.

For now, I had only two words for this evening; boring and disturbing. The stylist mentioned a gossip group and I was their topic. They were discussing Roy Layne's assistant being his partner of the evening too.

After a while, he finally removed his grip around me when an old couple came and by looking at them, I guessed they were his parents.

"Who is she?" The blue-eyed old lady, looking similar to Mr Layne asked.

He smiled tenderly, a genuine smile adorning his aesthetic feature and moved to her and put his hands over her shoulder.

"She is my partner for tonight. Garnet Beth. Angelic, isn't she?" The smile and shine he had on his face when he talked to his Mother was inexplicable. He was delighted.

"Really? Hello, Dear. I am Roy's mother, Melody Layne."

I flashed a sweet smile and replied, "Good evening, Ma'am. Pleased to meet you."

And the person, I guessed as his father, seemed displeased by everything, "Hello, Sir. Good evening."

"Hmph." He scoffed.

"He is not important, Garnet. You meet my Mother," He said, glaring at Mr Layne but flashing sweet smiles at his Mother.

"You love humiliating your own Father, don't you?" His Father growled.

"I didn't lie." He rolled eyes and I stood awkwardly. How can he be so disrespectful towards his Father?

"Hey, Roy! I didn't know Garnet was with you. Ah, seeing you made my evening better, Garnet."

Lucien popped up from behind, lighting the tension in the air. I gasped, stumbling upon my steps.

"What?" All of them asked at the same time. I saw him grinning at me, bewildering me at the strange energy present in their family.

A mommy's boy, a grumpy father and an over enthusiastic man. What type of people are they?

"Well, Dear brother, I am borrowing your partner for the rest of my night." He said, offering me his hands.