86- Scar

PRESENT.

"I came back here, thankfully it was in self-defense so I got away but I was sent to the rehab center and swore to never do drugs again. The two year gap in my CV, I was recovering and barely managed to complete my graduation along with different courses, wanting to put my life on the right track and then... I met you.." I said breaking into sobs.

I told him everything about me. I was scared to see his reaction, I was afraid that he might not hate me for being a murderer or addict.

My heart felt heavy, my chest tightened. I wasn't able to do anything but cry at my misery.

As I was crying, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him. I buried my face in his chest and held his shirt.

"Please don't hate me! I know I deserved it for ruining their lives, this is all my punishment." I cried with tears glistening my cheeks along with an aching pain in my heart which was crumbling me apart.

"That's what deluged me in sorrows, Roy."

He kept rubbing my back, hushing me but I just want to take my ravage out.

"I am here for you. All of it has passed..." He whispered, pulling me in his embrace.

"Don't cry.." He whispered sweet nothings to me and I just kept on crying in devastation. He rubbed circles with his thumb over my shoulder and kissed my head.

"Shh.. Garnet, It's okay. It all has passed. I am with you. Nothing will harm you anymore, I won't let it. You have gone through enough. You were juvenile, you were forced." He said softly.

I sniffed and stopped my cries with great effort but tears of heartbreak still rolled down my cheek. I kept holding him, breathless and desperate.

I slowly lifted my head and saw him looking at me deeply with pure emotions of affection and compassion. A tear rolled down his cheeks as he kissed my forehead and hugged me close.

"Please don't hate me. Please don't. I could bear anyone's hatred but not yours or Eri's. You guys are most important to me. Please don't hate me, Roy." I whispered desperately,

"I cannot even think about it." He whispered back. I passed him a faint smile and put my head over his chest.

The sound of his heartbeat calmed me, the destruction inside me was replaced by a lull. His heartbeat gave serenity to my chaos and I don't want to go anywhere else leaving him.

He was my everything.

If I had him, other things didn't matter anymore. I just needed his presence in my life. He was my tranquility.

"Since then you have shared everything. I also want to show you something, Garnet." He said gently, pulling away from me. I looked at him innocently.

"What is it?" I asked. He gulped and placed a kiss over my cheeks, a mournful smile crept upon his lips and he whispered.

"You want to know what scars my back hides, right?" He asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. He pulled away and stood up. He stood in front of me and held his shirt and slid it up showing his tempting body.

My cheeks turned crimson as my eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. I gulped and looked at him timidly, tempted by his alluring body.

"Everything has two sides: a good one and a bad one. Rather a beautiful one and an ugly one. That's my beautiful one and.."

He trailed off. I looked at him as he turned away and showed his back to me which stiff me in horror.

I was left flabbergasted and with extreme consternation that it caused me to immerse in sorrow to see his back. I can feel is his pain, surging through me and breaking both of us while filling us with a deadly potion of misery with a question:

How can someone defile such beauty?

ROY

A needle pricked in my heart, an intense pain shot through my vein, my mind filled with heartbreaking thoughts, my chest tightened in pain.

Tears brimmed in my eyes, the feeling of ravage filled me up, I felt deep compassion for Garnet, it must be hard to bear all that stuff.

Just how much pain she was in. I guess now I understood why she cried in the club when we first met.

She cried at her misery, at the strong scent of alcohol which brings back old terrorizing memories, at the misery. I felt so guilty to give her new scars but not anymore.

After consoling Garnet, I felt like when she has told me everything then I should also tell her. I took off my shirt and began to say,

"Everything has two sides: a good one and a bad one. Rather a beautiful one and an ugly one. That's my beautiful one and.."

I then turned my back on her. I couldn't see her face but I could hear those soft voices of sadness emitting from her. I showed her my back as I bent on my knees with my back facing her.

"And that's my ugly side."

She is the second woman in my life to see my back after my mother.

There was a burn scar starting from the back of my right shoulder to the center of my back.

"Mr Layne took a heated iron rod and did this. It was my punishment just because I was suspended from the school and later was grounded for I don't remember how long. Growing up with no one but Mother and Lucien at my side. " I told her in a broken voice, not being able to look up.

She touched it and put her head over my back, tears rolled down from her cheek to my back. I kept looking down, waiting for her to say something with my head hanging low and breaking apart.

She wrapped her arms around me and did something unexpected; She kissed my burn.

My eyes widened as I stilled. A shiver went down, with my breath caught up in my throat.

"Even your scars make you flawless, Roy. This scar cannot change what I feel for you. You were, you are and you will remain as the most beautiful creation of God.. made for me. I want to know the secrets this delicate scar hides." She said, placing another kiss over my scar. Silent tears rolled down my cheek.

I always felt insecure about it that the person I loved might not mock it and here she is, calling it beautiful. Tears fell with mixed emotions of love, elation and pain. My heart felt faint happiness inside it.

I put my hand over her hands and lowered my head as I turned to her and put my head over her laps. She wiped my tears and said softly,

"These tears are precious, Roy. Don't waste them." She smiled, cupping my cheeks.

I sniffed and didn't lift my gaze. I just gave her a nod and wiped my tears. I put my head on her lap and closed my eyes and began to tell her about my condition.

"My misery started the day Mother left..."