100- Fresh Start

After dinner, Eri wants to sleep. We set her the room next to mine and she said before leaving, "If I felt scared alone in the room, I will come to Nut."

I smiled and replied with an 'Okay' after she went to sleep, again a silence fell upon the house. I went down and saw Mother and Lucien, sitting in silence.

"It's a dreadful silence, isn't it?" Mother sighed, looking away, holding Lucien's hand who was rubbing to help her relax.

"Hmm." I hummed, sitting beside her.

"Having a kid at home is beautiful, isn't it? No matter how sad you are, you will smile and its voice will be heard everywhere and there will be no more silence." Mother mumbled, smiling emptily.

"Can't Garnet stay here for a few more days with her sister? You guys will go to work and I will be all alone, I didn't want to. Not anymore." Mother asked hopefully, desperately.

"I will talk to her." I replied vaguely.

After a few moments of silence I stood up and left for my room. I entered and saw Garnet sleeping. A smile crept upon my lips when I saw her.

I walked close to her and sat beside her. I removed the hairs falling on her face and brushed the back of my palm in the side of her face, stroking her affectionately. I kissed her forehead and stood up.

I sat on the sofa and laid there, I began to think about several things, all of them were trivial but I just wanted to divert my mind and soon, I drifted to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up with Garnet poking my cheeks.

"Are you coming to work today or not?" She asked sweetly. I opened my one eye and looked at her. She was sitting in front of me with a faint smile.

"Yeah, I will go. I need to shift my mind somewhere else. Staying here would drive me insane." I nodded, yawning. I ran my hands in my hair and sat up.

"I took out your clothes." She smiled sitting beside me.

"Thanks." I mumbled and got out.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked, holding my hand.

"Yes. Thank you for staying by my side." I hummed with a sincere smile, "Also, I need to change. I doubt you would stay." I chuckled dryly, pinching her cheeks.

"Okay. I am waiting for you downstairs." She said sheepishly and pecked my cheeks. I smiled and lowered my head and she left waving at me.

I took a shower and changed my clothes. I got ready for work and walked down. When I entered the dining hall, all eyes fell upon me.

"What?" I asked, baffled.

"Nothing. I am amazed that you take longer than me to get ready. I showered, did my makeup, hair, accessories, everything earlier than you." Garnet mumbled.

"That's not true." I argued, taking a seat.

"Next time, I will record the time to show you." She declared.

"We will see." I accepted her challenge. We then had breakfast together and I asked, "Where's Mini Garnet?"

"She left for school already. Mrs Layne asked me to stay here for a few days so I went home to get my clothes and her uniform." She explained.

"Garnet. " Mother called her.

"Yes?"

"I will love it if you call me Mother. Can you do that?" Mother asked. Garnet smiled and stood up.

She walked to Mother and hugged her and replied, "I would love to, Mother." She said,

"Thank you so much." Mother said happily. I smiled looking at them.