20- In Her Reflection

ROY

"I apologize father, I won't bunk again!"

I was just 14, crying inside a dark room, calling anyone to open the door for me.

My mistakes weren't as big as my punishment but it was all necessary for me to become the 'perfect' son father desired..

"Father!"

I banged on the door crying out, knowing Lucien was outside and begging my father to spare me some mercy. Mother wasn't with us too, she left as well with him all alone.

Father wasn't like that before but after Mother left, he changed, he became strict.

But, Just because I wasn't as bright as Lucien, I lost my right to dream. That was not fair.

Lucien could do whatever he wanted but I couldn't. But, that was not his fault, he was a coward and I was a rebel. He easily subjugated himself just to be on the safe side while I fought for my dreams but before I knew it, we both lost our emotions.

"Father, please!!" I called, resting my head on the door, submerged in dread of the darkness spread across the room. Tears gleamed my face as I lost my breath.

"Roy." I heard Lucien's voice.

"I will get you out, my brother."

"No, No, No, You can't. If Father found out, he would be angry." I said, afraid.

"Don't worry. I will handle it." He said and I sensed him leaving while calling for him to not get in trouble because of me. My heart skipped a beat in apprehension of what would happen if Father caught Lucien.

Back then, he did free me from the darkness but we both received a beating for this.

***

I woke up with a loud gasp as a tear pricked in the corner of my eyes. I quickly wiped it, trying to forget the nightmare I just had which in-fact had occurred quite a few times in the past.

I lost my breath and ran my hands in my hair remembering what happened last night. How did I end up in my room?

I went home early because Lucien told me that Mr Layne, also known as my bastardized Father, fought with Mother again and we had a fight.

He called her a gold-digger, a cheater, a betrayer again and it hurt me. So what if she left? At least she returned...

After the fight, I went to the club to calm my anger and got drunk. If I recall correctly, I also met Garnet there.

I remember clearly that I held her wrist not letting her go but what happened after it was a blur. Must be Lucien who dropped home.

I shook my head and took a cold shower and got ready for work and went down to have breakfast just for Mother. I glared at Mr Layne and walked to Mother and kissed her forehead.

"Ah, my love."

If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even want to breathe in the same roof as Mr Layne, just to be sure that Mr Layne didn't hurt her, I stay here instead of moving out.

She bore much for us, she could have left us but lived happily but returned and I cannot fathom leaving her.

"Morning."

Neither my mornings nor my nights are good.

I took a seat as she replied with a grin, "Good Morning, My child."

"Where's Lucien?" I asked.

"He didn't return."

"Really? Who dropped me then? He must have left, why would he even want to stay?" I taunted, glaring at Mr Layne with a dry smirk.