9- Intimidation

I entered and saw Lucien and Mr Bangs' assistant leaning on the wall talking to each other. Lucien turned his gaze and met mine. My heart skipped a beat as I passed him a nervous smile.

"Hi." I said to both of them.

They greeted me back and I asked, "Where's Mr Layne?"

"Oh, he is coming with our model." Lucien told me. I nodded. I didn't know what I should do so I looked here and there, contemplating his studio with admiration.

It was really big and all kinds of things for a perfect shot were present there. Too much stuff I had no idea about but it was fascinating to know that photography was much more than I thought.

"Do you like my dream place?" Lucien asked from behind, stopping my breaths.

I gasped and turned and saw his face too close to mine. My heart began to beat fast, his enthralling eyes bore into mine, "Huh? Y-Yes.. " I replied in a whisper, averting my gaze shyly from his piercing ones.

"We are here for something else and not to drool over your Boss' brother just like other candidates, Ms Beth." And that intense voice which was mocking me enough for me to know that it's Mr Layne. Using my words on me.

"I am not, Sir." I breathed out, taking a step back and turned to him with a stern look, "I apologize but please do not mix my admiration with something else."

To my stoic response, he scoffed but Lucien smirked, straightening his back, "Don't mind him, Garnet." He chuckled, waving his hand to shrug this matter off.

My Layne was coming with an elegant lady, her head high in pride, height as tall as him and I instantly recognized her.

She was the supermodel Georgia Armstrong!

She was even more alluring in real life. I just love her, I never thought I would have the honor to meet her. She was also one of Mr Layne ex but it was none of my business.

I greeted her and felt gratified that I talked to her. I was barely controlling myself from not creating a scene and pissing Mr Layne off.

"Is she your girlfriend, Lucien?" She asked, smirking at me. A blush crept upon my cheek. Lucien laughed a little and replied, "I wish."

My heart felt like it would leap out of my chest. I felt slight distress, finding it fretful to be attracted to a person I just met.

Silently, I stood behind Mr Layne, not replying, "She is 'my' personal assistant, nothing else. Keep it in your mind, Georgia." Mr Layne said sternly, both brothers are looking at each other as if they are having a competition.

"Let's get to work." Lucien quickly said, avoiding what he said.

I tugged hairs falling on my face, behind my ears and called Mr Layne. Lucien was setting up things, Mr Bangs was lost in his calls and Georgia was getting her makeup done and Mr Layne was using his phone. When I called him he hummed as I handed him his handkerchief.

"Thanks for yesterday, Sir." I said with a faint smile.

He didn't look up from his phone and took it from my hand, his hand touched mine accidentally. I pulled my hand back and he took his handkerchief in his pocket unaffected but I shivered when he touched my hand, glancing at his handsome features for a second before going back.

After a while, the photoshoot started, Georgia looked extremely bewitching, the perfect model. I looked at her awestruck, she was so beautiful that I was amazed why Mr Layne broke up with such an angel.

Definitely his loss to lose this gem.

While I was lost, I sensed Mr Layne standing behind me, looking in the same direction as mine. The intensity of his aura elicited an undeniable rush of anticipation.