73- For her happiness

"Garnet, I am leaving for an urgent meeting, I will be back in an hour or so." I said, checking my watch.

"What meeting? You don't have any meetings today. Where are you going?" She asked, checking my schedule.

"It's an important one, you don't know about it. I will be back." I told her.

"Oh, okay." She shrugged, going back to work as I went to her place.

"Oh, You actually came, Brother Roy." I love it when she calls me brother. I always wanted a little sister.

"You are alone here?" I asked, looking around.

"Yes. I am a big strong girl, I can take care of myself." She grinned.

"I told you, I need your help." I said.

"But how are you supposed to do it?" Mini Garnet asked.

"Look, Mini Garnet, what makes your sister happy?" I asked expectantly, taking a seat.

"Mini Garnet?" She asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"Yeah. You are a child version of Garnet and you must help me. " I grinned, poking her nose and she just chuckled.

"Oh, I see. Hmm. Nut loves cards." She told me.

"Handmade cards." She said and I looked at her with a hint of hesitation.

Oh Lord, if there was something I failed to learn it was crafting and arts. I could grow a rose, play piano, sing a song, heck, I could even knit a beautiful sweater for her.

But a card...

"Will you help me to make one? I am not good at it." I asked vaguely. She grinned and nodded.

"I am really good at crafting, we could make a card for her." I nodded hesitantly knowing I totally suck at these things but for her I have to do it.

Mini Garnet kept laughing and I narrowed my eyes in irk, with my hands covered in glue.

"Go and wash your hands." She laughed.

I was supposed to stick the ribbon on the edge but ended up pouring all the glue over me. I sighed and washed my hands.

She then finally calmed down and somehow I managed to prepare a very poor card.

"I knew I was bad..." I paused.

I mean the only thing right on it was the ribbon on the border along with a poorly drawn flower.

"But I didn't anticipate it would be this bad..." I breathed out, hating the card I had made.

"I have no idea my drawing is that terrible, I can't even draw a flower. I thought It should have been better than this crap." I mumbled, narrowing my eyes, not believing I, Roy Layne, made it.

"I have never seen anyone as bad as you at this." Too honest. Mini Garnet said, scanning me.

"Me too." I nodded.

It was so difficult and with a lot of struggle and cutting my hand with the scissors I was finally able to make a card. It was overall average but seems like it has been made by an average kindergarten standard kid.

I sighed and grinned, "Done." I breathed out. I want to burn this shit.

"I am sure Nut will love it. Your first card ever." Eri said.

"Fun fact, it's the second card of my life." I told her with a chuckle.

"What was the first?" She asked.