89- A lovely Misunderstanding

I reached the airport, I entered and looked for Garnet desperately. I frantically looked for her and in the end I saw her, she was about to leave but I called her.

"GARNET!"

She stopped in her tracks and turned to me. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw me. I ran to her and stood in front of her.

I don't know what took over me, I lost my senses, the thought of losing her made me scared to no extent, she was my treasure.

I can feel that fear of losing and rapture to have she told me about now.

She kept looking at me astonished, "Roy, What are you doing here!? What the hell!?" She whisper-yelled at me.

"How can you act like this after thinking of leaving me?!" I yelled back.

"You can't leave until I confess what you made me go through." I enunciated and bent on one knee.

"Garnet, After taking me out of the abyss, please don't leave me. I cannot even imagine my life without you. You are my everything. The thought of losing you terrifies me."

I began to speak breathlessly but she put her hand in between.

"Roy, Roy, wait-"

"Hush, you have already terrified me enough, look my hands are literally shaking!" I whisper-yelled at her, showing her my trembling hand from fright.

"Please don't go, I cannot even imagine spending a second without you, you are my reason to live. You introduced me to my own self and after giving my life a meaning don't leave me meaningless. I can't live without you." I began to say desperately, in a broken tone, breathlessly and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Roy, It's not-"

"SHH! Garnet, you are my home, I have been searching for years.. The whispers of your voice still echo in my mind and pull me close to you, intoxicating me in your love and I don't think I want to go anywhere else than you." I continued, clutching my chest, pouring all my emotions into my words.

Speaking whatever was coming to my mind, placing all my charm and gallantly before her.

"I need you in my life, You are my passion, My love. In this world, I find safety in your arms, this is my world, never remove them from me. Please remain as mine forever." I continued with a pant, her eyes widened after realizing where this confession of mine was led.

She put her had in the air, waving it to stop me but I didn't listen, "Halt, my hasty man, I just-"

"No, Garnet, you must listen. I love you so much, Garnet, I cannot live without you. That's why..." I said breathless as my voice was becoming desperate with each sentence I spoke.

"Marry me." I proposed to her, losing my senses, my ability to think. Garnet's eyes widened in shock, she was left staggered but I continued my confession.

She must know the words I could never speak. It was not the first time I had that thought, I had been yearning for that... for a while.

I forgot the times I had fantasized about it.

"I am not joking. I am saying this in my senses. I am serious about you. We may have known each other for almost a year but we would have the rest of our lives to know each other and I honestly feel so connected to you that I believe we have known each other for a lifetime."

I forced out a shaky smile, afraid of her reaction. She was showing none, only staring at me and I began to shiver in fright that I might not make a fool of myself.

"Garnet, I am completely serious about you. I want to give you my name, the honor of calling you the same as mine."

I held both my hands out to her and proposed to her using all my affection and adoration.