75- Midnight Confessions

And here we were in a random hotel, having lunch, with my Boss being extremely generous with me and paying for my food.

"Garnet. Can I ask you something?" He asked, his eyes were affixed on my face.

I hummed and he continued, "What is love?" My eyes widened for a second when I heard it.

"Are you alright, Roy?" I asked, worried by his behavior.

"I am fine. I just want to know what love is?" he asked. I stopped eating and finally looked at him and smiled.

"Love is the emotion one cherishes for the rest of its life."

"How will I know that I cherished it?" He asked tenderly.

"The fear to lose and the rapture to have." He smiled when he heard it.

"Have you loved someone?" he asked.

I smiled and nodded, "Who?" he asked, intrigued to know.

I grinned, "Erica." I replied. And you too. He nodded in understanding and we had our lunch in silence.

"So if I hold cherished emotions for a certain person then I love her, right?" He asked and I nodded.

The day went fine and I went home.

I sighed and washed up and called it a day. As I was sleeping peacefully my phone rang.

I groggily rubbed my eyes and looked at the phone only to see Roy is calling me exactly at midnight. Perplexed by his sudden call I yawned and picked up his call.

"Hello." I said, trying not to sound sleepy.

"Sorry to disturb your sleep, can you come outside," he said.

"At this time?" I asked, yawning.

"What are you doing?"

"Please, come outside." He said, holding a glint of excitement.

"Okay.." I cut the call and sat up unwillingly. I got out and ruffled my hair a bit and opened the door only to see Roy before me.

My eyes widened when I saw him. I didn't expect him to come to my place at midnight.

He was there, holding a bouquet of white roses, a radiant smile. He bent on one knee and offered me the bouquet.

"What are you doing, Roy?!" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Shh. Just listen and I will say."

I hesitantly nodded and he took a deep breath, he looked at me with his beautiful azure gaze filled with in-depth emotions of affection and began to say,

"It's midnight, the start of a new day and from this start I want to start my life anew with you too. Filled with emotions I only used to imagine; love. With the sound of your laugh and happiness. I want to start things over with you."

"What?" I paused for a moment, blinking to check if I was dreaming or not.

"This time, not with any bad intent, just the desire of redemption. An eternal reprieve from my pathetic self with you as my guide to show me my way. Because I don't think I will feel what I felt for you for any other woman."

He began to say as my eyes widened in disbelief, my heart began to race when he started his confession.

My eyes were barely opened and he started shoving his confession.

"Garnet after thinking a lot about this and talking to you, I realized what I have begun to feel for you is none other than love. When, how, why, I don't know about any of this I just know one thing; I am so in love with you, Garnet. If it's not you then no one else in my life." He whispered, a smile growing wider as I am still trying to register amid his felicity.

"Let's run away from this world, Garnet, I am at the doorstep of your heart because this heart no longer urges to reside where you are not present."

He confessed in-depthly, looking up in pure expectations, sharing the talk of his hearts with me.

"Am I dreaming?" That was the first sentence which escaped my lips.

"No, you are not." He grinned.

My whole being stilled as I lost my ability to think. An arrow hit me right in the chest. I was left with the incapability to respond.

An immense pain was felt by me when I saw the love of my life confessing his love for me and even after loving him the same- I cannot reply all because I am his brother's forced girlfriend.

"Garnet, please. Accept my hand, I have run away enough, I have hidden my feelings enough, I can't do it anymore. I can no longer neglect it. "

Speaking breathlessly, he took his hand in mine, confessing, "That I have fallen for you."

His smile grew wider, offering his hand, enunciating in felicity.

"I love you, Garnet Beth! I Love You."

A soft gasp escaped me, I looked at him with my ravaged gaze, trembling, losing my heartbeat because now he was there where I was and I cannot take his hand.

"Roy." I love you more than anything.

Overwhelmed by the fact that I couldn't reply to him. I held the hem of my dress as a tear rolled down my cheeks.

"Garnet, You okay?" He asked, worried, moving close to me. I held his hand and remained silent, controlling.

"Leave." I said, voice lowered to be considered as inaudible.

"What?" He asked. I put his hands close to my mouth and kissed it and put it over my forehead as a tear reached his hand.

I was not mentally prepared for any of that.

"Leave, Roy." I breathed out in a broken tone.

He was taken aback but didn't say anything. He was about to say something and I knew if he stayed here anymore I wouldn't be able to let him go.

"Please leave." Or else I will never be able to let you go. I almost sobbed.

He rubbed my back, scared and worried to see me like this, a million questions but he chose silence.

"Okay.. Okay, I am leaving but please don't cry. I am not forcing you or anything. I respect all your decisions, Garnet. I won't repeat my mistakes. I understand why you would want someone undesirable like me in the first place." He chuckled dryly, looking down, considering himself inferior.

I nodded and he left the roses at my doorstep, "In case... If you ever feel like holding me." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"I don't know what subjugation is controlling you, what is refraining but you I want you to know I am here and will. No matter how long it takes for you to accept me, I will wait." He whispered sincerely and left with a heartwarming smile.

"Even if you don't- It's alright. I will wait anyway." He continued to smile.

"Please... don't go." I said when he was no longer in sight.

After he left I took the bouquet and closed the door and leaned on it as it fell on the ground and began to curse Lucien.

I fucking resent you, Lucien Layne.

My tears glistened in my eyes and showed my misery, my eyes reflected the desire to be with him but my lips couldn't be able to say that I am all his.

I couldn't say how much he means to me. That my soul is his.

I am yours. I am all yours but I no longer intend to hurt you.