29- Watch My Steps

Roy

I was startled when I saw Garnet like this. I knew he was dangerous but I didn't expect this much from him. What the hell he was thinking before terrifying her.

'I shouldn't have involved Lucien in this game in the first place.'

Thinking, extensively furious and repugnant at my own brother for falling depraved.

I went to his studio after work to confront him about his actions.

"Lucien."

How could he do this? He shouldn't take things too far but only he was aware 'if' limits exist for him or not.

"Hey." He waved his hand, using his phone nonchalantly, nothing thinking deeply about anything.

"What the hell was that, Lucien?" I growled, grabbing his collar, lifting him from his seat, staggering him.

"What?" He asked, titling his head, confused.

"How dare you touch her and make her cry?" I growled.

"Why not? She deserves it. I would have done much worse than that." He spoke so seriously that made my heart skip a beat. He was utterly dire about it.

"Why? What has she done to you?" I asked worriedly, loosening my grip on his collar.

"That is not your concern but don't be vexed. I have created an exception and spared her." He smirked dryly.

"Why? You taught me to not touch a woman without her consent. Where was this dignity then?" I asked in disbelief.

"As I said, it didn't concern you. Such words don't suit you, Man." He chuckled, scoffing at me, ripping my hands apart from him.

"Fine. I am a womanizer but what about you? Don't you chant about integrity? Where was it when you made her cry huh?" I hissed, losing my patience.

I didn't know what happened to me but upon witnessing her tears, I lost control. I couldn't help but to stop Lucien from doing that.

"You told me to not cross limits and what about you huh?" I growled, pushing him away and he was confused while I was infuriated.

He set his shirt and narrowed his eyes, "Okay, I agree. I shouldn't have touched her, I shouldn't have made her cry but."

He took a step closer, curling his lips from one side ominously, hitting where it hurts the most.

"What's the point of our game if she won't cry?" He asked and I stiffed for a second.

If my heart pinched by the sight of her tears then what was the point of this game when I couldn't bear the outcome?

"What happened, hmm? Why is it affecting you so much? Why are her tears breaking your heart?" He asked, changing the context and pushing me into the abyss. coming closer as I stumbled back.

"Why are you taking this game on a personal level?" He snickered

Attaching unwanted strings to my cognitions to my mind, crossing thoughts which never crossed my mind before. He was attaching his strings to me.

"I am not, I am just saying your actions were wrong." I breathed out, curling my hands in a fist, turning my head away.

"If you say so." He shrugged, not caring about it in the slightest.

"Why are you after her anyways? She was my prey. So what if you know her? I have my complaint with her. Why are you after her?" I hissed, not preferring his involvement in this matter anymore.

I should have known he could break all limits.

"She should have been my prey." He muttered, staggering me.

"What? Why?" I asked in disbelief. What reason could he have to take revenge?

"Doesn't matter now. You got her now." He scoffed, not talking about it and I knew forcing it would be a waste too.

"Don't do it again. Or else I won't care about this damn game." I warned him, rolling my eyes off.

But he chuckled darkly, involving my among his preys as well, whispering,

"My actions depend upon your reactions. Be careful how you react for her sake. Your care for her will destroy her, Roy."

"So now I am a toy as well?" I asked, disheartened at my brother.

"Of course, not. You can never be." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. I could tell if it wasn't for my sake, he would have done something to her.

"Though I wanted you to be. You have always been such a delicate soul, a perfect prey. Emotional, sensitive." He continued, sharing his perception calmly, taking a seat and pouring himself a drink.

"You wanted me to blackmail me too, right?" I asked, mouth gaping to fathom what he wanted from me but couldn't get it.

"Obviously. You are a walking opportunity, Roy and it's not that I haven't tried." My eyes widened, I never thought he 'tried' to manipulate me too.

"I did. I tried to manipulate or use your weak points against you." His smile began to fade away, tightening his grip on the glass.

I didn't know how to react. I wasn't disappointed, I expected this from him, I wondered why he didn't use him but seemingly, he did.

"Then? Why would you if I was such an open target?" I asked, disappointment filling my tone.

Chuckled dryly, waving his hand to shrug me off.

"You know I have tried many times to make you my prey but this stupid brotherly love comes in between. I can't bear your pain." He hummed, finishing his drink in one go.

"I can't watch you getting hurt. If I had left that woman off with a warning today it is because you desire her or else you know I am not that kind to leave my targets with a warning."

He continued, he didn't like this either but couldn't halt this love too. He loved me too much and released 'his' prey for me.

"Be grateful I let her go with a warning." He sighed, making another drink.

"You let her go... for me?" I asked, flabbergasted.

He was right, I remember the last time a guy disobeyed him and the next time, I found him begging him on his knees but according to him; let her off with a deathly warning.

"Of course. I love you too much." He laughed a little, taking a sip of drink, not glancing at me.

"I shouldn't. But, you are the only person I purely love." He muttered, rolling his eyes off. He meant his words deeply but I couldn't neglect it.

"What about Mother?" I asked hesitantly. He didn't reply.

"Leave it. Come back to our main context. Why are you hurt because she is hurt? You shouldn't be. That is not how revenge works." He sighed, finally turning to me with his usual strong facade where no one would decode what was going in his mind.

"Do you like her?" He asked, curling his lips darkly from one side, hitching my breaths.

"No." I replied without thinking twice. My heart skipped a beat but I said immediately. From my perception, I thought I gave the right reply but-

"Then I am intrigued to see what limits can you create or break for her. Because when you are crazy for her when you don't even like her-"

Rising from his seat, realizing I used wrong words, he stood beside me, resting his hand over my shoulder, smirking devilishly.

"What are you going to do when you will like her?" He asked, intrigued dripping from his words.

"Beware, my Brother, my actions depend upon yours. The second this attraction of yours will cease- would be the second I will destroy her life."

With this final warning, Lucien smirked sinfully at me and walked away.

And I realized, I have to watch my steps because my attachment towards Garnet is purely fatal.

If Lucien saw something- he might end up doing what could destroy both her and mine life.