4- Lucien Layne

ROY

Just how twisted fate would be?

The woman I was looking for, came to my doorstep giving me a golden opportunity to make her pay for what she did, for the humiliation she made me go through.

I'll be more than happy to give her the job so that she stays with me, leading me to the uttermost indulgence.

"Ah.. how lovely."

I will make her pay, the tingling sensation of my cheeks won't fade away until I make her go through the same disgrace, until she begs me for forgiveness.

No woman ever dared to displease me and her, how could she...

I sighed deeply and went home. I went to the lounge and saw Mother and Mr Layne looking at me, stoic as usual. I came to Mother and kissed her forehead and smiled.

"Welcome Son." Mother smiled.

"Thanks. Where's Lucien?" I asked.

"At the studio." I nodded and was about to leave but I heard Mr Layne saying in his usual stern voice, "Your father is here too."

" Evening, Mr Layne." I said coldly.

"Disrespectful Child. Is that what you call your Father?" He growled. I just ignored him and went to my room.

I took a shower and changed into my casual buttoned midnight blue shirt with my brown ripped jeans and went to Lucien's Studio.

Lucien Layne, my twin brother, the infamous photographer, Dream. We are alike, I just use women for my physical pleasure and he can use anyone as long as he can find amusement in it.

Persuading someone is something we have learned from Mr Layne or one should say, he made us.

I entered his studio and saw him doing a photo shoot for Patricia, she is a famous model. I have met her quite a few times and had a good time with her. I walked closer and leaned on the wall waiting for the shoot to be finished.

Soon, his work finished and he turned to look at me. I look like Mother and he looks like Mr Layne, long brown hair along with captivating green eyes. He turned to me and smiled widely as he gave me a side hug.

"Hey, Dude, when did you come?" he said.

I just let out a quiet laugh and replied, "Just now."

"Good to see you here, Roy." Patricia came to me and said in her seductive voice as she put her hand over my shoulder.

I spared a glance at her and she smiled. I just hummed in response and turned to Lucien.

"You free? Let's go to the club." I said, pushing Patricia's hand off from me.

Her smile faded away as she asked, "What happened Roy? Are you okay?"

"Your shoot ended, isn't it Patricia?" I said coldly.

"Pat, you go. We'll talk later." Lucien said. She turned away grumpily and left.

After she left, Lucien asked, "What happened Roy? Pushing a woman away.. it's rare coming from you."

"Right now, I desire only one woman." I spoke my words with venom but it evoked a laugh from Lucien.

"One? Did you hit your head or are you in love?" He joked.

"None." I said.

"Then?"

"Let go."

A scornful laugh escaped Lucien's lips, he laughed as if he had heard the most funniest thing ever. He took a shot of his drink and looked at me as I sat there annoyed.

He leaned in and put his hand over my shoulder and laughed again. I glared at him and he began to say, "I can't believe a girl can resist you? My brother, the king of temptation."

"Are you mocking me?" I asked, slightly angered. He continued to laugh and shook his head no.

"Stop laughing first!" I was exasperated and took a shot of my drink. He laugh finally died down as he moved back and put his elbow on the counter and began to say,

"Look Roy, it's hard to believe a girl slapped you."

"I didn't even want to get laid with her..I.. I just wanted to know the reason for her tears." I said, pulling my hair in frustration.

"She was crying?" He asked. I nodded and replied, "Yeah.. I don't know why but she was.. And I simply wanted to know what immersed a sculpture of bewitch in woe. I mean, yeah, everyone has sorrows but why did she cry there?" I told him the strange thoughts afflicting my mind.

"Are you sure it was only an attraction?" He asked, "What else could it be?" I asked back.

He shook his head as a silence fell upon us and after a while Lucien asked, "So.. How are you supposed to take your revenge?" A malicious smirk crept upon my lips while my eyes blazed, espying at him.

"She came to my office today for the interview as my personal assistant." Another laugh escaped his lips and he looked at me.

"You are such a wicked person Roy, I can even sense your intentions." My smirk grew dark as I retorted.

"Less than you." He snickered and asked, "By the way, what's her name?"

"Garnet Beth." Upon hearing it, Lucien straightened his back with bewilderment flashing in his eyes, "Does she have green eyes?" He asked, shocked.

"Yeah.. So..." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

He let out a husky laugh, slamming his hand on the counter and ran his hands in his hairs which caused me to raise an eyebrow at him.

"Marvelous!"

"Do you remember Roy, My time in Canada? Seven Years ago?" I just nodded and he continued, "She was also there. I didn't know she came to New York. Let me tell you, She is a fascinating woman, she will serve as the perfect enlivenment."

"You knew her?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah.. She was enrolled in the academy because of her scholarship. She was a star student but poor soul couldn't maintain that status and was suspended. I bet there must be a gap in her CV." He hummed.

"It was. She doesn't have any specific degree." I told him. I am so perplexed by this.

Lucien knows Garnet?