48- Murderer

The next day as usual at work I remained unbothered, in my dominant posture.

Even being drunk and devastated, I still remembered Garnet's words and nothing else, I couldn't remember anything except her words.

'Your lost feelings are knocking at the door of your heart, accept them.'

As I thought about her words with a feeble smile over my lips, the one on the center of my mind came with a knock.

She entered and gave me my schedule.

"Sir, for today's schedule, you have a meeting-"

She started to explain but I was lost in her.

In her eyes, those dreams I shattered by neglecting her and not letting her save me.

'I am so sorry, take my hand again, I promise I won't leave it again.'

"Are you listening, Sir?" She asked, snapping her finger.

"Hmm. Continue." I hummed, not actually listening.

"Sir, The meeting with the event planner for the opening ceremony of our beach resort is after lunch. Lucien had selected a few creative layouts for the banners. You can check them out." She informed me.

"Okay, I will check them out." I nodded.

"That is all for today, Sir."

She just kept calling me sir which was ticking me off. I want to hear my name over her lips. She was about to leave but stopped at the door and paused.

"And one more thing." She called, gaining my attention.

"And please don't call me at midnight again. I don't care if you are drunk or not. Because next time," She said with a glint of anger, repeating my words.

"I will act upon your orders and even if I saw you on the verge of dying, I won't bulge."

Her response strangled my heart in an obscure ache I have never experienced before but before I could reply, she left, scarring my soul.

I sighed and put my hand over my forehead. Why the fuck am I so emotional!? I ruined everything!

I deserve her cold treatment. I picked the files she brought. There was an envelope in it too, addressed to me. There was a note in it too.

I prayed it was from her but no, It was from Lucien. Ah, him and his sinister plans.

To Dear Brother,

Because the odds are going in my favor. Here's an upper hand for you or else this won't be fun anymore.

I raise an eyebrow. Odds in his favor?

She just gave me her first kiss and.. What is he talking about?

Intrigued, I saw some papers in the envelope. My eyes widened when I read it. So, that is why you left the Dawn Academy, Garnet.

"Dammit."

Cursing, I checked if they were valid but the seal was real.

I grit my teeth with those papers clutching right in my hand. That was why Lucien didn't let me know her past.

It was hard to believe that someone as innocent as her could have fallen into the depth of committing such an act.

Garnet couldn't hurt anyone... physically.

"Garnet." Calling her dominantly, I entered her cabin with a stern look.

"Yes, Sir?"

She looked at me in bewilderment and stood up, raising an eyebrow at me, thinking if she did something wrong.