67- Awkward

"You have become far more precious than anything in my life. Please give me a chance. I will do anything but won't disappoint your love again."

Hearing his words, I cannot believe it was him who refused to accept my hand all this time and is now begging for it after late realization.

"Please say something, please don't neglect me. I beg you." He whispered, joining his hands before me and that was my extent.

I couldn't allow him to literally beg me too after all those words too.

My eyes widened, lowering his hand quickly, stopping him from falling as much as he could to attain me. I couldn't bear it anymore.

"Promise?" I asked in a vague whisper, holding my hand out to him, He held my hands and kissed them slightly.

"I promise on my life.." He promised, holding my hand close to his chest, letting me feel his heartbeat.

I put my head over his hand and stroked it slightly, moving down to his cheek, lifting his head to meet mine.

"I am so sorry, Garnet." He whispered sincerely, putting his hand over mine,

I wiped his tears, he closed his eyes, relaxed under my one touch.

"I am so sorry for not realizing earlier." He whimpered and kissed my hand again, wiping his eyes, sniffling to cease the ache overwhelming his heart.

"I am willing to cross the path of thorns just for your forgiveness, For you, Garnet."

He confessed panting heavily with an in-depth emotion of fondness. I passed him a faint smile, pulled away a little and wiped his tears.

I helped him to stand, I looked up to see Erica looking at us with tears in her eyes and a smile. I smiled at her as we both sat on the sofa and she got him a glass of water.

He drank water and finally calmed down for a long session of a mental breakdown. Removing his tears, looking down from embarrassment.

"I would have cooked something for you but I don't know how to cook. Um... I guess you might be hungry." Roy said timidly, trying to lessen the tension in the air, fidgeting with his fingers.

"I am also learning to cook." I replied, Looking down at my hand.

"I.. should go and do my homework.. " Eri trailed off awkwardly and left for the room, leaving us alone.

"So.. Mini Garnet's school has started?" Roy asked, looking away.

"Mini Garnet?" I asked.

"Looks like you." He replied, smiling feebly at me.

"She reminds me of you." He whispered.

I chuckled a little upon hearing Mini Garnet and nodded, "Yes. Sixth standard. She is a sharp one." I told him proudly, glancing at him from time to time to see his emotions correctly.

"Nice.."

Again an awkward silence came between us. We didn't look at each other and kept looking down, without saying anything.

"Uh. Should I order some food? Only if you want me to stay or maybe I should go. Sorry." He said nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"What do you want?" I asked softly, turning to him.

He stopped and finally looked at me too, starting at me with such intensity that it made my heart skip a beat.

"I.. Uh.. I want to stay with you." He said hurriedly. I smiled and lowered my head.

"I see."

"But, I will leave if you don't want me." He reasoned, putting his hand in the air.

Pondering about it for a moment, I closed my eyes and breathed out, "You should leave. I don't want you here, with me."

"Oh," He opened his mouth to speak further but averted his gaze again. "I understand."

He whispered, "Take care of yourself, you don't have to fear anything. I am with you." He breathed out, forcing out a smile, turning to me.

"I doubt it. I don't trust you."

"Understandable."

The glance of adoration was rather unexpected but he smiled purely, "Take care." He said sweetly and stood up to leave.

"I am home!" Lesley's voice boomed and I looked up at her.

She gasped and was taken aback to see Roy, moving back instantly when she saw him. She remained still when she saw him,

"Evening, Lesley." He said which stunned her more.

"Welcome home." I said.

"Uh.. H-Hello." She stuttered, not believing if it was a deception of her eyes or whether he is truly here.

"Roy, you were leaving." I reminded him, knowing how much he wanted to stay.

"Oh, right." He made an 'o' face, nodding and was about to leave but stopped.

"Garnet." He called, looking over his shoulder, smiling, "Have a good day." He said and left.

My lips curled upwards for a second, lowering my head but I shook my head to disregard everything and empty my mind. And finally staggered Lesley regained her senses.

"Why was he here? What did you guys talk about? How could he smile after what has just happened?" She asked hastily, rushing to my side to know what she missed.

"He cut the roots of the problem, Lesley. " I sighed, holding the glass of water with both of my hands and leaning back on the couch.

"What?"

"He swore to protect my dignity. I am not that heartless to neglect his cries and tears. In fact, I can't." I mumbled, taking a sip from where he did, unsure whether my decision was right or not but who can convince my silly heart?

"And you believed him?" Lesley asked suspiciously.

"I trust his promises... at least." I said monotonously.

"What if he knew and wanted to pay back for your kindness." Lesley said, agitated.

"That look of remorse was present on his face the moment he realized what he did and what I did was out of love."

"Do you love him?"

"Sadly, I do." I breathed out without giving it a second thought.

"What if he came to know?" She asked, she was worried for me.

I knew it was unwanted but I was drunk, I was not thinking back then and did what my heart told me to.

"He would still be here. Must be devastated, heartbroken and regretful but he would be here and besides, he needed a strict reminder," I told her, rising from my seat.

"I told you, Roy is in my palm. No matter where he runs, where he will go, he will reach me. He has nowhere to go." I smirked darkly, speaking the undeniable reality.

"He is emotionally weak and he needs to be aware of his actions. He needs to know what he did was immoral." I told her, my tone was deprived of emotions and left for my room.